1976 Kawasaki KZ400 Hardtail Project

My seat mounts are all tacked together, I plan on burning the front on tonight. Im going to wait on the final position of the rear mount till I get my fender. I bought some sissor style 3.5" springs last night also. the 2" ones I had were not tall enough. I bought a 5" wide Peak fender. I found a picture from somewhere else but this is what it will be similar too.

ribfender.JPG

what brand tires are those?

and when will the ranger be off the jack stands....i remember seeing it on ranger forums on jack stands haha

504-Ranger said:
what brand tires are those?

and when will the ranger be off the jack stands....i remember seeing it on ranger forums on jack stands haha

The ranger is still an on going poject. Very on going. lol. They are Pirelli MT43 DOT rated Trials tires.

This has the potential to be my favorite bobber on the site. Love the stance, love the wheels, love the seat, tank, and the bars look great on there too. Makes me wanny buy a snotty old KZ and start tearing it up. Keep the updates coming dude.

those are trick man! who makes them! can they do due chain sprockets? i am thinking of converting my harley

what sizes are the tires????
they look great on this bike, i was looking for the same look for mine. but was'nt sure what t get....
any way looking good.
later.

I haven't had time to work on it the past couple weeks. Hopefully I'll get some done this week and next.

The tank is going to stay chrome, the frame will probably be black. I havent decided a color for the fender and "oil tank" yet.

the tires are 4.00x18 front and rear.

The sprockets were made by:

Jim Alfaro
7th Gear Designs
jalfaro@adestagroup.com

Lookin over your build again, I really dig what youre doin here. That kill switch is BADASS. The only thing that jumps out at me in a negative way is the size of the seat. Its huge. Kinda takes away from the minimalitic look IMO. Its your bike obviously and your opinion is all that matters, I just thought Id mention it. Otherwise this is one of my favorite bike on here.

love the tires! are these ok for street/hiway use? im looking for a knobby tire for my military-ish build. thanks

Looking really good man. I have a kz440 ltd. My first bike, love it. I really like those tires, I've been peeping out the firestone ans tires. I think those pirellis would be too knobby to cruise around Brooklyn.

Wow, looks great. I've got a 76 KZ400 that I plan on hardtailing this winter. I really like the stance your's has, where did you get your hardtail kit from?

I'd love to see this thing when it's done.

Back
Top Bottom