Beachcomber - time to quit ? Hell no

Re: Beachcomber - time to quit

Not been on for a while...........glad to hear the good news TJ............great stuff!!

Thanx for the kind words - I'm on monthly assessments at the moment to monitor meds. All progressing well- still stabilised at the same level as at the beginning of the year.

Life feels good again and mor important, I'm back into the Tracker.

Year end sitrep for all those who have given me encouragement in those dark hours and days.

Year end assessment last week. The situation has stabilised, and if anything there has been a partial recovery in function. Must be the clean living lifestyle !!

Sincere thanx to all for your support - very much appreciated

TJ

Nice un' - keep it up TJ.
(It's been a while and I wondered, why things went quiet about you on VTF!)

Awesome to hear about the partial recovery. That is great news.

Final update - I've just been for my annual " mot", that's to monitor all the " normal" ailments - cholesterol, diabetes, blood pressure etc. All in excellent shape BTW.

Part of the test involves check for liver and kidney ( even though I've just had specific tests !) function.

Liver fine, but the kidney function showing a 10% improvement from the last major test 12 months ago.

Why am I happy ?? When I got the end of year results for kidney function, it was not accompanied by a percentage improvement number - just "improved". This way I know exactly where I'm at - and it's good, not perfect - but I'll take that.

Good stuff TJ... we all could stand a little good news these days it seems.

My NY resolution is to be better to myself :eek: Hell I have to live with me so why not live with a better attitude and a healthier version... right? At 53 I'm starting all over again because the company I worked for has sold out again leaving me unemployed... this would be devastating to many, but I'm looking at it as a an opportunity for a fresh start. I might struggle to find the right direction, but I won't die from it.

You got a fresh start, be good to yourself and we'll see you around for a long time mang!

The header should read "Time to get off my ass" LOL ;D

RD

Tune-A-Fish© said:

My NY resolution is to be better to myself :eek: Hell I have to live with me so why not live with a better attitude and a healthier version... right? At 53 I'm starting all over again because the company I worked for has sold out again leaving me unemployed... this would be devastating to many, but I'm looking at it as a an opportunity for a fresh start. I might struggle to find the right direction, but I won't die from it.

You got a fresh start, be good to yourself and we'll see you around for a long time mang!

RD

Thanx Crazy / Teaser.

Crazy, yes my mate I've started over several times in my life, and each time ( from zero ) the results were better than the last !

Get out there and give them hell.

Tune, that was bad news - sorry to hear it, but a great opportunity to re-invent yourself. I have done that a few times and each time I am able to build on what I know at the same time as learning something new. That's something that I have to do to stay sane.

I like the resolution. Mine is similar - to be a better version of me.

Tune-A-Fish© said:

RD

RD,

look after yourself mate and all the positivity you sent me - back at yer.

Can't keep a good man down

Just had my 1/2 year major assessment .......................... all is good ! ;D

Slight improvement on the Kidney function [ stage 3 - ] and all other parameters spot on.

I did go in for the "weight loss" recommendation that my GP has been banging on about for years - 7 stone loss and 6" off the waist line in 12 months !! :eek:. Be no good playing my old position at Centre now, I'd get blown away !

The weight loss has been a major factor with the improvement of the heart and diabetes situation [ all normal, healthy levels ], and even the cholesterol is now at the recommended level - for a 40 year old !

If only the rest of me was that age .............. ::)

Some of my old team mates have taken up cycling, and they're all bugging me to get out there and join them ... still prefer a motorised version ! 8)

I'm glad to hear that you have improved. I have also had a medical issue smack me in the face. It can e a heavy burden, stay positive, avoid stress, eat well and get good exercise, they all help. I have been taking some herbal remedies for my kidney cancer and so far it seems to be working.

Brian

Crabs, wish I had heard about that before they removed my kidney.

TJ. That's great news. Keep having fun.

Back
Top Bottom