For the old man t500 resto

bradj

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
So for a few years now ive been kicking around the idea of building a bike for my dad and a few months age i hammered out a deal with a friend and fellow member bbillington for a titan witch was my father wepon of choice when i was a kid. After talking to my mother i found out where my dads old bike ended up and after some door knocking i scored his old frame and title. The plan is a complete by the numbers resto and ill give it to dad on a birthday fathersday christmas or a tuesday whatever the days not important.
a6b50314-67c2-efcc.jpg
here is the tank a covers in the correct blue
a6b5032d-6805-4c83.jpg
here is the freshly refinished frame with a shinned up front end more to come and a huge thanks goes out to bbillington and teazer for help to get me to this point
Sent from my PB99400 using Tapatalk 2

Re: For the old man

Thats awesome you found your dads old frame.
watching the build, and in the end, a picture of your dad when you give him the bike would be great.

I see "#1 son" in your furture :D

I might be willing to adopt Brad? :eek:

Crap. 43 seconds too late. :p

Haha heres some more pictures of todays progress
a6b50309-797a-4efd.jpg
a6b50316-7991-f280.jpg

And heres some
a6b503a7-7a0e-5440.jpg
a6b503f7-7a2b-19fd.jpg
rad twenty eight year old pictures of what im going for minus the million dollar chamber and the race motor

Awesome find Brad. Ive been looking for a way to try and dig up my dads old 305 scrambler without him knowing. I don't think that the DMV will give out any records so that I can track down a vin on it and my mom is supposed to be looking for any record of it in the house. From what he told me, when they got married all they had was that motorcycle. Anyway enough about that. I think that this will be epic, what better way to say thanks for embedding the passion of motorcycles in us. And definitely takes some pics of the unveiling.

Nice brad, but if you loved your dad you'd have bought him a Honda. Maybe a cb750...

when you give it to him you should ride up wearing those ringer socks and cutoff jean shorts. That would be classic.

Ha i should but i wont. people i talked to that were around street racing have told me that the old mans bike was real deal drag bike and nothing to fuck with unless you had a big kaw funny none of those old drag racers mentioned a cb or even a honda for that matter

axeugene27 said:
not funny hondas were comuter bikes at that time.
and now? Hahaha the same exact bikes are cafe racer haha

Yeah yeah. In all seriousness that Titan will be the shit. Great bike, great history. Your dad will freak the fuck out.

Yea that is the plan i hope it turns out nice there is a lot of new ground im crossing with a real resto its a little over whelming all the bushings and 70 dollar stickers all the big stuff is in real nice shape so i got that going for me the little stuff may get spendy time will tell thanks for all at nice comments and if people dont go out of there way to make fun of my father ill stay nice and this can just be a progressing rebuild thread haha

Back
Top Bottom