Care to share a little inspiration?

deviant said:
Actually, that can be made out of a single sheet.m I'm not saying it is, and I doubt it, but anyone that knows how to stretch and shrink metal and use formers knows how to do it. There's not a lot of height to that cowl. It's pretty basic really.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well I'm an idiot , explain how thats done?

http://allshops.org/cgi-bin/community/communityalbums.cgi?action=openalbum&albumid=9980108256297. Here's a demo on using a plywood former to make a body panel. You could employ a similar method. I don't have equipment, so I learned to do it all by hand. I make plywood formers or I carve molds out of oak stumps and form sheet metal in those molds. You can also make a pattern and cut sheet, form it and weld the seams. It involves welding, but it's still one sheet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Worded it wrong, meant I was trying to figure out how they got the coiwl and the skirts out of one sheet and using a skateboard-shaped pan in the middle. I wanted to make it in Solidworks so I could throw a height and width at it and instantly get a stencil for the sheet metal. Like this:

Afhz6Rt.png

jQMrHfK.png

Next is some small scale prototyping with cardboard, after that it's a full size mock-up again out of cardboard and then I'll make the real deal. I make it out of paper first because I know how that works and reacts, when I'm sure the design is right I'll start with the aluminum. That way I have one challenge at a time and I have no doubt about what's causing the problem. I'm not sure on how I'll bend it, I think I'll put a piece of threaded rod through the holes for the blinkers and tighten the bolts until the shape is right, then I'll weld on the middle part which should keep it in shape. I'll probably over-tighten the bolts half an inch to reduce the resilience of the sheet and thereby the tension on the welds.

Thoughts?

I wonder if I an SR500 in copper would look good...

Attachments

• J.A.P Copperknob.jpg
    J.A.P Copperknob.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 208
ABCanuck said:
That looks like a model to me. Real life bike for sure? Link?

http://lsrbikes.blogspot.com/2011/12/yoshimura-gs1000r-endurance-model.html?m=1

Yup, though it was a real bike...

A while back I studied that pic for days amazing detail for a scale model!!!!!
The inspiration for the next project.

Attachments

• Bimota_YB1_5.jpg
    Bimota_YB1_5.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 293
  • Bimota_YB1_1.jpg
    Bimota_YB1_1.jpg
    294.7 KB · Views: 256
Guy could probably have built the real bike with less effort than making all those fiddly bits.

I was thinking the same as I looked at it. It just has the "look" of a model.

I got it off the Harris Performance UK web site!! :eek:

http://www.harris-performance.com/acatalog/Past_Harris_Machines.html

I've always loved the Magnum Series!! 8)

Low rez image... sorry! :D

Drewski said:

I've dreamed about taking a Suzuki Bandit and building an Endurance Racer Replica... it would be awesome! ;D

Somebody really otta do it!! :D :D

I been searching for a GSF1200 Bandit as a project bike for a while now... prices are resonable! Just none in my area yet. :p

Hoosier Daddy said:
I been searching for a GSF1200 Bandit as a project bike for a while now... prices are resonable! Just none in my area yet. :p

What?!?! Planning for the next one after the dragbike?!!? ::)

It's still here with your name on it. ;D

It's a donor FOR the drag bike!!! ;)

That's right... screw the overpriced GS1100 4 valver clasic drag engine, I am looking for a carbed 1200 for it ;D

Back
Top Bottom