another cookie cutter jap bobber

sweet build man, what are your exhaust flanges off of? just a different model honda? I am trying to fing some nice ones for mine and those look perfect, too bad I cant find any brass ones. Have you thought about doing some mega flake in your paint? I love bobbers with metallic paint, but that might just be me. Its looking good man.

might be off of a cl or sl can't really remember, i did have to bore out the holes a bit to get them to fit, i'm really a cheap ass-brass ones would be brass colored krylon. thanks.

boisdarc said:
might be off of a cl or sl can't really remember, i did have to bore out the holes a bit to get them to fit, i'm really a cheap ass-brass ones would be brass colored krylon. thanks.
Is there some that will withstand 500 degrees? if so I will do that. And thanks I will look on ebay for some flanges

While I think it is pretty cool that you want to build something to your liking, you really need to learn how to weld. There is next to no penetration from what I can see in the first pics posted. Your wire speed is entirely too high and your heat entirely too low. Bike looks like it is just gunna break in half! Before you start building something that will do freeway speeds and take your life you should really get some seat time in just welding pieces together and learn what it takes to achieve proper penetration without the excess filler. I certainly don't want to come off as an ass but seriously that is some of the worst welding I've seen and it is going on something that NEEDS to be sound. I wouldn't say anything if I didn't care so please take it is constructive criticism.

I 100% agree with you. all of the first pics are birdshit-tastic welds with a 110 buzzbox using fluxcore. I can't weld worth a damn. thats why all of the real welding was done by my pop on a big miller 200. when i was just figuring out how things were going to be set up (mock up), I didn't really know if things were going to stay the way they were or not, so ugly weak welds weren't such a major worry, PLEASE learn from this mistake. grinding out a bunch of crap welds is not fun-especially when they are at funky angles and hard to reach. For mock up tack lightly but enough to know the pieces won't move around, AND definately spread the heat around. The miller 200 gets great penetration in the steel and the gas helps. I really would love to take a good college or trade class learning to weld, but life happens and i haven't done it yet. I pretty much hold stuff and my pop does the real welding. He's a gamer and has been involved in welding, fabricating, and steel product production for well over 40 years, and both hobby and professional wrenching also. I am really lucky to have him as an asset. Some folks get salty here if you mention something like that ("those welds suck" or "that frame is set up in an unsafe way", or "that paint might wrinkle if you try that") I say THANKS. someone took time out of their busy day to possibly help me and offer some professional or maybe even really good life experience advice on bike building. If somebody has some serious bike building knowledge and sees something jacked up-please throw a brother a lifejacket. I'm not saying be a jackass and throw me an anchor.

back to bisness. Got the "mouse trap" together, added a spring on the foot clutch, for return and so I don't push the clutch too far when "clutching", had to cut the rod between the heim ends a tad shorter. I put a wonky little cable stop on the cable, I think tomorrow the cable will get shortened and bung soldered on properly, I've never actually shortened a cable before, so i watched a few different guys on youtube.anyway here are the pics. this is full push on clutch.
P1070719.jpg

boisdarc said:
to shiz. Could you show a close up of how you tied into your existing stamped frame. My pics don't show very well, and there are some folks here that would like to see it. thanks man

I know this topic has been tucked away but, wanted to finally respond with some pics of how I tied the back end to the front...link to facebook album also..

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1423817328295.56252.1618595059&type=1&l=6a7790c45a

Attachments

• frame1.jpg
    frame1.jpg
    109 KB · Views: 265
  • frame2.jpg
    frame2.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 248
  • frame3.jpg
    frame3.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 249
  • frame4.jpg
    frame4.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 265
Your 360 really is gonna be neater than shit. w the clutch and shifter and all. I got a ? is the 350 exhaust headers gonna work w the 360? dont rub frame or engine or nuttin. I been thinkin of doin that w mine to make rear sets easier. Ive read they dont really work together. but no real proof of that. Are you seeing its gonna work out ok for you ?

Back
Top Bottom