Rock&Roll: My xs650 brat bike

Re: Rock&Roll: JUST ABOUT DONE!!

It needs a new coil but other than that she is just about done!!
What do you think?

RockrollDONE.jpg

Pretty cool... And BRIGHT!

Don't like the red exhaust tip, weird thing attached to carbs, and white handlebar, but man it certainly is clean.

Despite the colors, everything is well done.

Color is all a matter of opinion though, so don't let me bother you.

looks good man, but have to agree there is just SO much going on in colors here you have red, black, white, polished metal, chrome, gray, mat black, and then some black chrome mirror color it looks like... that is around 9 colors on one bike... thats alot... i think you have a great thing going here, the stance is sick, the seat pan and seat are awesome, wheels look great and the red frame pops, front end looks great, chrome fenders are very unique... but i would down it a bit, ditch whatever that is on your bars, get rid of that red muffler tip, pull those white wheel stripes (if you need them black would be much less in your face style), shoot those shocks in a color (black or red or match your tank) they just stand out too much...
just my 2c man... one rule we try to go by is 2 colors with one accent color per bike... so i am a bit one sided on this one :)

Thanks a bunch for all the input. I really appreciate it. Here is a quick photoshop. I tried with just the wheels red and no stripe but it looked crappy so I tried them black. Btw, is there any special protocol on painting shocks. Do I need to disassemble them?

Attachments

• Rock&roll photoshopped.jpg
    Rock&roll photoshopped.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 671
I just read through your build. Good looking bike man! The rear fender sticks out a bit, considered bobbing it?

Are those the stock rear shocks? How did you go about shortening the forks?

Thanks, I have considered bobbing it, but I really like it, it looks better in real life.

yeah, stock shocks. and as for the forks, I just lowered the triple tree down about 1"

something nasty about blacked out rims and exhaust! I am choosing to go with blacked out comstars on my CB400T. Nice Bike Pablohoney. Definintly black those rims!

Keep at it.. no one builds Brats like the Japanese. But you may be on to something. Conditional comments are just a polite way to help you in the right direction remember that

Back
Top Bottom