Hardtail "kit" for a CB400 or CB500 twin? Anyone seen one?

Stabler

Hardtailed.
Hi guys! (And gals!)
I'm planning a new project (long side my on going build of a CB750 bob on a plunger frame).
I'm looking to buy a CB400 twin or a CB500 twin.
Now I wonder if there's a complete "kit" (or a "weld on" of a hardtail something like what TC-Bros or Lowbrow got for CB750's and XS650's? Or will I have to fab the whole piece my self? I'm looking to get this done fast so I have something to ride while I'm building my CB750.
Any ideas? All thoughts on this one will be much appreciated!!

And yeah, great forum this, much knowledge and good info!

Thanks / Stabler

They made a bolt-on hardtail for CB450's in the 70's... I don't know who made it, but my old Honda had a frame I got from the junkyard with the hardtail already on it. If you look hard enough, I'm sure on will pop up. Highest issue was you had to cut the upright sections above, the swingarm pivot and cut the backbone, then weld up the ends before bolting it on. I heard they were WAY stronger than weld-ons.

I've only seen them for the larger frame bikes like the cb750 or xs650. However, TC Bros does sell a universal kit that is pretty nice. Pre-measured, cut and bent metal, so it does save you a little time and trouble. I think its around $100.

tc bros and the universal hardtail kit... never seen that could have saved a bunch of money

100 bucks :eek:
nice!

A cb400 has a stressed member frame if I'm not mistaken? Meaning no basket under the motor. You must be thinking of a 450T and the 500T.

Back
Top Bottom