cb350 rigid build

Ok,
I couldn't take it anymore I went to the garage after 3 pain pills. Shhhhhh don't tell my wife! :-X She worries about me enough. Well i drilled the upper and lower front tube for my spot welds. Had my buddy come and jig it up at his place and tacked the tubes. The rear has the bolt in it just as a temp spacer. I'll be replacing the rear tube in a few days. Just some update photos.
-motor fits nicely now
-my spool mockup block lines up great with the 2" under line
-ride height looks great

100_1725.jpg

100_1726.jpg

100_1727.jpg

100_1728.jpg

100_1729.jpg

100_1732.jpg

Oh yeah I love metal flake!

100_1735.jpg

small update. Spool came in today. Just some quick photos.
Planning on working on it tomorrow and get the frame welded up in the rear.

100_1738.jpg

100_1737.jpg

100_1736.jpg

This is awesome man. I really dig it. Those old Trumpet frames are by far my favorite hardtails.

Depending on the final setup, a nice set of clip-ons would look killer on the front end. Real clean.

buff as shit.. what kind of seat are you thinkin? If you go with von's clip on plan, a small uncomfortable seat is a must.. salt racer style.. lookin' good none the less.

I'm picturing clips and ouch? I think it'd make you/me to balled up on the thing. Plus I want to use full length fork covers for a very clean look. The bars on it are just for mockup as of right now.
seat...seat...seat....I'll have to find one as well as a rear fender.

solo seat is an easy out.. find/make something awesome.. you seem pretty crafty.. I've got an old cobra seat from the 70s that goes part way up the fender that I might be willing to part with.

some new mock up photos. Parts are getting made or are showing up so its coming together. Need to weld in the new back bone yet.

100_1741.jpg

100_1740.jpg

100_1739.jpg

uncletwisty said:
that rear wheel is the shit.

thanks twisty. its just a non conical triumph hub laced to a 16" H-D hoop and a odd ball tire. The old tire was dry rotted and wayyyyy to wide.

Total Righteous Build!! You started out with a reallly nice frame, the '69 T120 frame I started out with was a real turd. You are building a super cool motorcycle. Hope you're healing well.
Kev

I dig the work so far!

I had my appendix removed a year ago. I walked into the ER after sort of feeling bad, but not too bad and wound up getting emergency surgery in the morning. I woke up three times during the surgery and in a dazed stupor woke up as they were wheeling me into recovery and ripped everything off me and tried to get out of the gurney. I don't know why I did any of that, but I just remember not wanting to be there. I checked myself out the following day and went back to work. I don't know what it is they do, but I swear they just pump air into your stomach so you can't shit or fart and you feel like you have to the whole time.

For a seat, PM AlchemyPGH. Hes a local here (Pittsburgh) who does INSANE work. Hes a hell of a guy too.

RUBBBBBBBBERS!
no not that kind. FYI triumph rubber fits cb350's rather nicely.
More update photos to come.

2011-04-27230051.jpg

Not my bike or my project but I'm not feeling that big wheel. I love the rear though. Its probably just me.

I like the big handelbars though. Too many chops are running clips these days.

Back
Top Bottom