My CB750K8 Bratstyle build

StrtLegal

I figure I'd move this from the Intro Thread to a build thread on the suggestion of another member. I started off with a 78 CB750K8.
Here are some pics of the build so far:
CB750Seat-1.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0555.jpg

IMG_0554.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0563.jpg

bc96f946.jpg

777ba9e6.jpg

bc96f946.jpg

216ee9df.jpg

5bd31811.jpg

6158ab87.jpg

IMG_0624.jpg

IMG_0625.jpg

Thats the evolution so far...but it will eventually turn into something like this
cf2a05d7.jpg

Some progress, The front end is done. Lots of polishing, new grips, no switches.
7b9f2fc4.jpg

I picked up this tank on eBay for $50. It's nit in bad shape despite the horrific paint job.
d0260683.jpg

Got these wheels from a fellow forum member, they are from a DOHC but the hubs are the same size so I'm just relacing them to mine. I'll get another set of hubs and spokes so that way I have interchangeable wheels.
2491b584.jpg

I'll post pics of the completed frame when it comes back from paint hopefully sometime this week.

Things are going VERY slowly with the build but I guess it's better than no progress at all. Anyways, got my custom oil tank in from Curt Owen at AnythingGoes74. It looks totally awesome and was a fraction of the cost of an off the self one on eBay.
310048f9.jpg

b116047b.jpg

9f4fa235.jpg

24bad05f.jpg

On top of that, I hacked up the frame a bit to make room for my seat hoop which is being made as I type also mocked up the seat and oil tank out of cardboard just to get a glimpse.
8ae100f7.jpg

d8edf108.jpg

6eca869b.jpg

That's it for now, Cheers! Report to moderator
ip.gif

That last picture is classic. Gotta have a dream.

Cool. If this project is as entertaining as the last pic, it will be awesome. Look forward to the progress.

Gotta be honest tho. I'd have kept that awesome paintjob on the tank and gotten another tank for this project.

You know, I thought about trying to restore the paint on the tank...but then I thought that may decrease the value. ;D

Sweet, I love the inspiration bike, I hope yours turns out awesome. It makes me want to get started on more projects.

Whats a final color scheme?

What kind of master cylinder are you running on this bike? I love the small, round style.

Nice. I have a 77 I'm pieceing back together. Unfortunately I have parts scattered over 4 states at the moment.
Rider

scotch said:
What kind of master cylinder are you running on this bike? I love the small, round style.

Its actually the stock Honda mc. It was originally black so I stripped it while I was rebuilding it and polished the hell out of it.

Well I was surfing the iterwebz and came upon these picture and now I'm in love...
Blue-WhiteBrat.jpg

blurBrat.jpg

Let me count the ways...
I love the seat
I love the stance
I love the paint on the wheels
I will be stealing some ideas

What kind of bars are those on your build? Love that rise and rake. That's the style I want and I can't find anything except that the Iron 883 has one very close in black that comes stock. I'm been pilfering Harley boards looking for a set. Where'd ya get yours? *If anyone knows where I can pick up bars like this, please let me know!
Thanks in advance for any help.

Griff5268 said:
What kind of bars are those on your build? Love that rise and rake. That's the style I want and I can't find anything except that the Iron 883 has one very close in black that comes stock. I'm been pilfering Harley boards looking for a set. Where'd ya get yours? *If anyone knows where I can pick up bars like this, please let me know!
Thanks in advance for any help.

The bars are just regular ol' superbike bars I ordered off of eBay.

Looks good. I run the same bars and I love them. The oil tank is pretty sweet too. Can't wait to see the frame done.

StrtLegal said:
Well I was surfing the iterwebz and came upon these picture and now I'm in love...
Blue-WhiteBrat.jpg

blurBrat.jpg

Let me count the ways...
I love the seat
I love the stance
I love the paint on the wheels
I will be stealing some ideas
I freeking love this!

Dude I so totally woulda just put a thick clear on that tank and left it exactly as is. You couldnt have paid somebody to come up w something so cool as that. I am ready to break out the spray cans paint markers and 4" grinder and get started on mine.

wow thats dope dude I'm trying to build a brat as well but i need an engine next but i have a frame rims tires forks and really thats it :eek: but i plan to but a bike together with in a month .. heres some pics of what i got so far

142h8w7.jpg

2mi3uon.jpg

Very much like the blue on the rims of that 2nd inspiration bike. Little accents like that really make a bike shine.

Back
Top Bottom