triumph t120 springer

hurley209

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
hey fellas, so here i am again in the bob'n chop section, so yeah, i didnt really do much with the gs bob i was planning, but thats ok, why?, well because i am about to make up for that lagging....

I recently was fortunate enough to adquire one of the coolest things ever, i owe it all to the airgas man, my now friend, mr. mike boster, a great guy, welder, and so much more, thank you to him in case he ever reads this, he definitely deserves a solid one day.

anyway, let's cut to the chase.
i am now going to build a 1969 (we believe) triumph t120 hardtail bob/chop, how cool is that!! i am beyond excited!! it has a springer front, 21" front wheel, 16" rear with disc brake, and as of now, it will have a jockey shift.. that may or may not change though... the frame and stance are awesome. i will have to do a bit of work to get the paperwork straight, but definitely worth it...
i will most likely overhaul everything and get it to top shape (because i can be picky haha) so bare with me, this will be a very very slow progressing project, im also trying to finish a house renovation at the same time, and money is tight....
any way, feel free to drop some triumph knowledge on me, i am always happy and humbled to learn from the more experienced on here, your guys's knowledge is outstanding and never seizes to amaze me.
sooo. yeah, check it out!!

Here it is when it was first striped down to bare metal...
5c7b3d56.jpg

5885ec6a.jpg

and here it is where it stands now...
b4bec4a6.jpg

8a73cae6.jpg

I HATE YOU. Tell em what ya paid, asshole. Hahahaha

Honestly, thats awesome man. Really stoked for ya. Now get on it. Fuck the house! You cant ride a house, and you live in Cali so you can sleep outside. ;)

VonYinzer said:
I HATE YOU. Tell em what ya paid, asshole. Hahahaha

Honestly, thats awesome man. Really stoked for ya. Now get on it. Fuck the house! You cant ride a house, and you live in Cali so you can sleep outside. ;)

free lol. which is why i am incredibly thankful to the previous owner :D
i really do, honestly have to make it up some how.

hahaha, if i do that mike, then when its done the bike wont have anywhere to sleep at night haha,... plus all the crazies come out at night, and i cant sleep at all during the day outside with the sun in my eyes hahaha

on a side note, i didnt mention the direction i want to head with this, ...i dont know if its the cali culture in me or what but, good'ol fashion hot rod is a big part in the idea..
but blending in classy touches inspired by cali's own falcon motorcycle, and also i want to do copper/brass touches... it will be very simple, and elegant, yet rough around the edges... i will let the bike's lines flow, and let it speak to me... oh yeah,,, i just got deep on you.. but you have to admit, motorcycles are deep stuff to us, well, me atleast... anyway.. yeah. thats bout it... peace

That's just damn amazing. I hope you do something grand with that bad girl. I'll be watching. Oh and if it ever needs a home I'd buy it from you for what you paid for it!

"Burnin' oil and smellin' royal!"

Kanticoy said:
You lucky, beautiful, hate inducing bastard.....Badass!

i think that is the nicest thing anybody has ever said to me hahahahaha thanks kiley!

We'll have to make October 2012 a bobber year at Kiley's new shop - Kiley you'd best start cutting the tail off the 400F ;)

wow....not a hardtail guy but thats a sweet one. clean up the metal and powder it clear I love that bare metal look....just like it is.

Back
Top Bottom