AUGUST 2014 - DO THE TON BIKE OF THE MONTH - VOTE!

Vote!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tim

Administrator
Staff member
Vote! If any of the nominees want a different picture in the poll just PM me the link.

As always, nominees post up more pics, stories and offers of bribes to convince people to vote for your bike.

Winner to be featured on our masthead in August.

Click on the photos in the poll to take you to the respective build threads.

My 1976 BMW R90S was bought from a guy that contacted me after Barber's last year. I tried to buy a bike from him at the swapmeet but he ended up getting an offer for it higher than the one I gave. he called me about two weeks later telling me that he knew a guy with another "old BMW" in his basement. Went to check it out and it turned out to be a titled R90S! Win! Problem was it was mostly in kitty litter buckets, missing parts, and lots of wrong parts on it. I built it up to a runner and rode it over 2000 miles in May to the Spring Thaw, through Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and all over basically. I rebuilt the motor from the crank up using high compression pistons, big valve 40/44mm heads that were dual plugged and rebuilt by Bombar's Beemers in NC. Cylinders are Nikasil cylinders from a 1986 R100GS. It has an Enduralast 450w charging system and crank mounted ignition. The wiring was all redone using a Motogadged M-unit from scratch.

When I got back from the trip, I went back to the skeleton and rebuilt it again into a resto-mod, using stock seat, side covers, etc. It has been freshly re-painted to my own interpretation of pain that I call "blue-smoke". The pinstripes are hand painted using 1Shot paint. Every piece of the bike has been re-finished aside from re-painting the frame. I re-did the fairing mounts to make the fairing "fixed" rather than handlebar mounted. Handlebar mounted master cylinder from later BMW. Rebuilt calipers all of the way around. Brand new EBC rotors and pads. Custom gauges made by Speedhut are in the dash including speedo/tach, volt meter, and oil temp gauge. Forks rebuilt and Koni shocks rebuilt out back. She hauls for a nearly 40 year old lady and it's a great bike! Lots of time, love and $$ put into this one!

When I drug her home:

una4eve2.jpg

ju4y5ady.jpg

9apazuba.jpg

adesu9eh.jpg

a7y3a3yv.jpg

Loaded up for the trip!

3u4y9uqy.jpg

qesupezy.jpg

evedu8yd.jpg

ydujyred.jpg

evytapep.jpg

a4u9eqe2.jpg

a9umuzud.jpg

evu2a8ag.jpg

a2avu8ud.jpg

Motogadget install

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-JFIijLXbM

First start:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVKHoCX3eI

wow some very nice bikes.

I hope when my time comes for BotM I don't have the same competition ;D

I'm sorry but could we get a little more information on the R90S. ::)
Kanticoy your slacking off on the build info. :eek:

Tough Choice bunch of very nice bikes this month.

More info on the CL200:
  • I wanted to keep it very tasteful and classic while also applying styling cues from scramblers and bratstyle bikes
  • Engine was completely overhauled after it was discovered that there was a hole in one of the pistons. The aluminum side covers where polished while everything else was painted a "cast iron" grey color.
  • The metal mesh on the side covers are completely custom
  • Didn't need to paint the tank, I love the blue color and the off-white stripes!

Attachments

• cl200-rear-angle.jpg
    cl200-rear-angle.jpg
    663.7 KB · Views: 510
  • cl200-front-rear.jpg
    cl200-front-rear.jpg
    706 KB · Views: 482
  • DSC00496-web2.jpg
    DSC00496-web2.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 504
  • MVI_1431.MOV.Still002.png
    MVI_1431.MOV.Still002.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 442
  • MVI_1433.MOV.Still001 (1).png
    MVI_1433.MOV.Still001 (1).png
    1.6 MB · Views: 429
cklamer said:
I'm sorry but could we get a little more information on the R90S. ::)
Kanticoy your slacking off on the build info. :eek:

Tough Choice bunch of very nice bikes this month.

Figured I'd do a mini build thread here since the real one is in the dark closet known as "specials" :p

Hot damn, that beamer is a sexy beast, and not just in an "i'd ride the hell out of that everywhere" kinda way. ;D

Thanks fellas, she runs as good as she looks. I'd take that bike anywhere...and did!

Brad this is for you......

He-man-with-skelaton.jpg

Wish I owned a better camera. Here are some shots from the past nine months I vertualy lived in my garage.

P1010824-1.jpg

P1020087.jpg

P1020314.jpg

P1020418.jpg

P1030226.jpg

P1020711.jpg

I only voted for Kanticoy cause the tank came from TEXAS ;) Nice work everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom