Take 2: CB750K2 Steampunk(ish) Bobber Thing

Thanks guys. Mounts were already part of the fork lowers, I just re-used them.

Noddy78 said:
Why thank you sir, you're too kind. :)

I never wondered into this "specials" board and I wish I had sooner - I just read through years of this build in a couple hours. To see the naysayers and downright rudeness was very disheartening and I am glad you didn't take too much offence to it and continued on and still posted your progress as the biggest "F-U!" to them!

The level of crasftsmanship and dedication to no comprimise is awe-inspiring and I hope you build more for us to drool over!

The more I look at this bike the more I like it. Which is saying a lot, as I liked it immensely the first time I looked at it.

Thanks for all the kind words guys... sorry it's been a while between updates but a nice European holiday slowed down progress (even more). But back now and getting onto some woodwork! The beginnings of a seat:

_MG_9462.jpg

_MG_9463.jpg

_MG_9472.jpg

_MG_9474.jpg

No, it's not bent, it's cut out of blocks of timber. A bit of jigsaw, a bit of drop saw and a belt sander to get the curve radiussed within a bulls-roar on each piece, then once it's all glued together it'll just be lots of sanding to shape it. Ideally I wanted to laminate the whole block together and bandsaw the curve, but I don't have a bandsaw, so had to figure another way around it with what I have on hand. Hopefully it'll work out!

Haha, nah, it'll be upholstered. I'm not subjecting my arse to that kind of punishment!

Just put some pad for each cheek and leave wood showing. You can get black closed cell self sticking foam you can cut, smooth shape and stick. Would give the comfort but show the beauty of the wood.

Maritime said:
Just put some pad for each cheek and leave wood showing. You can get black closed cell self sticking foam you can cut, smooth shape and stick. Would give the comfort but show the beauty of the wood.

^^ That!

Send that piece of art work to me. It belongs on the living room wall.

Ill make you an aluminum pan w 1" gel pad covered in butter soft leather.

Back
Top Bottom