1997 BMW F650 ST Bluebird - Repair, maintain, ride.

Bummer on the cracked case, remember there are many other bikes that use the Rotax in these so widen your search to include those models and you'll get the cover faster. Ask Irk, he has the list.

Maritime said:
Bummer on the cracked case, remember there are many other bikes that use the Rotax in these so widen your search to include those models and you'll get the cover faster. Ask Irk, he has the list.

Yep, Can Am DS650. I forgot to search for that. Thanks for the reminder. This bike is a weird deal because half the parts are the same as the Can Am, and the other half are Aprilia Pegaso LOL

Here's one for cheap. I wish I thought of this last week. But my repair should hold up fine. I need to get better pics of this one price is right but the pics look like I'm drunk looking at the computer screen. https://www.ebay.com/itm/2004-Can-Am-Bombardier-DS-650-Magneto-engine-Cover-Guard-Stater-Generator/333167292323?hash=item4d92516fa3:g:l84AAOSwn9VaXkmn

Also search Bombardier DS650 as they were labeled that here and some other places before they Brought Can Am name back

is it this side you need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-Bombardier-DS650-Clutch-Cover-Right-Side-Engine-Case-Waterpump-OEM-B2764/153299397408?fits=Model%3ADS650&hash=item23b15b2b20:g:gpkAAOSwI9FcD9vu

Maritime said:
is it this side you need? https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-06-Bombardier-DS650-Clutch-Cover-Right-Side-Engine-Case-Waterpump-OEM-B2764/153299397408?fits=Model%3ADS650&hash=item23b15b2b20:g:gpkAAOSwI9FcD9vu

Nope thats the other side, see above I posted a good deal on one but I asked for better pics.

clem said:
I'm going to bring that tube of epoxy metal with me.....just in case

LOL I think my repair should hold up but it can't hurt to have a backup ;D

I didn't go back and look. Hop about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-07-Can-Am-Stator-Side-Engine-Cover-711210411-DS-650-7404-7449-Baja/352473167183?hash=item521109b54f:g:GukAAOSwk-9br~c7

^^ never mind yours has shipping in, this one is $10 more after shipping

Maritime said:
I didn't go back and look. Hop about this one?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/00-07-Can-Am-Stator-Side-Engine-Cover-711210411-DS-650-7404-7449-Baja/352473167183?hash=item521109b54f:g:GukAAOSwk-9br~c7

^^ never mind yours has shipping in, this one is $10 more after shipping

I saw that one too, they both have crappy pics LOL if I can get some better pics I will probably buy one after the trip. I'll just leave what I have on there until the next oil change though, when you pull either side cover on this bike you have to pull the tank and prime the oil system

Put another 50 miles on the bike last night. I blasted up and back the highway 25 miles then hit some back roads for a bit. Bike performed well. I got new boots last week and I’m still getting used to them so upshifting has been interesting. I may try rotating the pedal up one tooth to give me more room underneath.

Lots of buffering without the windscreen so after I got home and ate I set to fixing that up.

I sanded back all the old adhesive and crap, then G/Flexed everything back together with a layer fiberglass cloth on either side. I did the same on the side that wasn’t broken just to add some reinforcement.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1535.JPG
    IMG_1535.JPG
    459.8 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1536.JPG
    IMG_1536.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 205
Oh and the boots, do they have a lip on the soles? I have that and it is how I need to shift most bike as my ankle won't go under the shifter, once you get used to it you can shift pretty smooth with the edge of the sole instead of the toe of the boot when the boots are really stiff and your ankle doesn't move much.

irk miller said:
MX boots don't bend. You move the shifter up to get the boot under it.

yeah but if they have the lip you can use it to shift too if the shifter won't move enough to work, some bikes even one tooth change and the shifting gets shitty in one direction or the other. Just an option I discovered after becoming a gimp.

Here are the boots. They flex a bit so I do have some movement in the ankle. The toe is just a lot taller than what I'm used to. When I put the shift lever back on I may have put it in the wrong position.

for_15_boo_adv-blk.jpg

Ok on those you need to move the shifter. The ones Levi and I have, the sole has an edge about 1/4" wide and it catches the shifter really nice. I could shift the GS1200 BMW that way easily without moving the shifter position.

I have similar boots and I found moving the shifter position made getting the boot under there way easier. Bit of a pain in the ass when I'm rocking the Converse for a quick trip to Canadian Tire but dems da breaks.

Maritime said:
Ok on those you need to move the shifter. The ones Levi and I have, the sole has an edge about 1/4" wide and it catches the shifter really nice. I could shift the GS1200 BMW that way easily without moving the shifter position.
I wear those boots or high top steel toe boots 99.9% of the time I ride. They are similar enough in "height" that I never really have to adjust things.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Yep move the shifter.
makes quick jaunts in tennis shoes annoying though.
(I see that as a good thing as now I just put the boots on to avoid the annoyance of having to lift my whole leg to shift without them).

I put an slightly longer than stock aftermarket shift lever on my KLR. Took a try or two to get it right for my boots.

Back
Top Bottom