How to build a real tracker?

Dragon Soaring

No penalties, no substitutions, no time limit. RB
My cb200 is morphing from a cafe to tracker build

So what are some must do mods to make it a good handling machine. Lowering suspension, wider bars ect?

Locally IMI racing center has a flat track that I want to play around on. I have read the rules so I think I have that covered. There realy isn't a class for my cb that I could find. I'm looking at a build that I could learn some flat track technics. If I find that it is something I want to do then I will build a 250 something.

I have been reading a lot of posts here. So I think I have a decent understanding of the concept.

If some one could start me in the right direction it would be great.

ThNx for your time
Chris K

I don't know that a Cb200 will meet your needs. If you want to learn technique with a low H.P. bike find a warehouse with slick floors and just start working. The issue with your CB is it probably won't make enough torque to be competitive. I'm not trying to be a jerk, ride a modern 200 dirt bike and then ride your CB and it'll give you an idea where you need to be. Also there will have to be major gear ratio changes adding to the torque but killing the top end, so you'll have to build the engine to add H.P.

How big of a track? When I was young we raced an 1/8 mile track, we ran Jawa's with 2 speed transmission's, the bike made enough torque to flip you over easily if you weren't on top of your game.

I would make a street tracker out of your bike... Then go to the races and see what they are running in the lower classes, then start saving $ to reach your goal.

Will a CB200 even get out of its own way at your elevation? Not lot of carburetor to start with, add in the thin air, and the power output is going to tank, big time. If it was my project, I'd find the local AHRMA chapter and start taking notes. Get in touch with the racing program/circuit run through the AMA as well...

My experience is that most real race trackers don't run lower suspension and have steeper rake than that which is better handling on the street

Back
Top Bottom