Mike Woulfe Leather jacket? Reviews?

miracle max

hey guys!

Looking for a nice cafe racer jacket that wont break the bank. Found these leather jackets made by Mike Woulfe on dime city cycles. 280-290 bucks doesnt seem bad for a "custom" jacket with some cool patches here and there.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/mike-woulfe-leathers-authentic-vintage-leather-cafe-racer-caferacer-riding-jacket-mw-cafe-m.html

Anyone have experience with them? good? bad?

I was wondering how they fit and quality. Im kinda tall (6'1'') and skinny (162 pounds) I need the length in the sleeve and torso.

If these arent that good can someone point me in the right direction for a nice cafe jacket?

I haven't ordered from this website yet, but looks like they have some nice jackets for sale here for really cheap...I hope this helps!

PJ

mike is local to me and is a very nice guy, with even nicer product. his jackets are top notch, every patch placed perfectly, and his stitch work is stellar. i would definitely order a jacket and some patches from him. i highly doubt youll be disappointed. he has a booth at all the local shows down here, and his work is even nicer in person. id say go for it!

what kind of jackets do they start out as is he making the jacket from scratch? I like the idea of the patches but also am a little nervous of some randomly chosen patches. I feel like the patches should reflect you and past experiences and places you've been. I would feel kind of like I was wearing someone elses jacket or wearing something from one of those mall boutique stores that sell "vintage" looking clothes with non existent past race logos and such printed all over em. Price is nice tho for something pretty unique. I guess I could mail him the shoebox of patches ive been collecting and let him sort it out.

Thanks Andrew. I tried posting a reply to the above questions and comments earlier today, but it hasn't shown up yet.
I'll try again...
I use xelement jackets. Good quality, authentic retro design, and low cost. I'll order any jacket you want.
You can also order your own jacket somewhere else and send it to me, or just send me your favorite jacket.
I've done 70 dollar chinese jackets and 900 dollar horsehides for customers.
I try to keep jacket prices low because most of my cafe racer buddies don't have a lot of money. (They spent it all building their bike!)
I have a selection of about 150 mostly British-themed patches, but also Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.
Pick any patches from me or send me the ones you have - or combine both.
I'll email you jacket outlines. You just write in what patch you want where.
Good, cheap and easy. Couldn't ask for more.

mwoulfe said:
Thanks Andrew. I tried posting a reply to the above questions and comments earlier today, but it hasn't shown up yet.
I'll try again...
I use xelement jackets. Good quality, authentic retro design, and low cost. I'll order any jacket you want.
You can also order your own jacket somewhere else and send it to me, or just send me your favorite jacket.
I've done 70 dollar chinese jackets and 900 dollar horsehides for customers.
I try to keep jacket prices low because most of my cafe racer buddies don't have a lot of money. (They spent it all building their bike!)
I have a selection of about 150 mostly British-themed patches, but also Honda, Yamaha, and Kawasaki.
Pick any patches from me or send me the ones you have - or combine both.
I'll email you jacket outlines. You just write in what patch you want where.
Good, cheap and easy. Couldn't ask for more.

Thanx for joining in on the discussion mike!

I have a question, i know you said you mostly use xelement jackets. the jacket style i love is this one from the dime city site:

Picture1.png

Picture2.png

I just want to make sure if i order one that this is the jacket i will be getting (i know the patches will be my own or differ, i just mean the jacket itself) because i really like this style, it has out side pockets with zippers (which some xelements dont have) And i like the side snaps and the cuts of it.

Also will the jacket fit me ok? Im 6'-6' 1'', 162 pounds. Just want to make sure it wont be to short.

Out of curiosity what do you normally charge to open the jacket and sew on the patches if I supply the jacket? I dont know of any local places that would be capable of doing such a thing.

Yes, these guys wanted heavier jackets, so the one in the Dime city picture came from Jammin. I'll order any jacket you want. This particular jacket is difficult to work with. Very stiff and because of their construction, a bear access the insides.
I'm still in the hobby/business phase. I work on the jackets on weekends and when I get home from work. I do it all myself.
Good question,Pat. I do open up the jacket so the patches are not sewn through the acetate liner. No bunching up. The exceptions are, patches sewn on down low on the jacket or at the ends of the sleeves. I pin down the liner so it's flat.
And, Yes, I usually add a 20 dollar charge for slitting open the base seam and then gluing and sewing it up again. I'll waive it for dotheton members. I really want to get the word out on this, so it's a fair trade.

Attachments

• 0000000EBAY AND MARK MCKEE 003.JPG
    0000000EBAY AND MARK MCKEE 003.JPG
    120.8 KB · Views: 349
Hey Mike! Welcome to the site. Going to definitely have a look at the different jackets available and will have to get one for myself :)

hey mike!. is there any way i can look at the other patches u have? i saw the ones on ebay but was wondering if u have any more. thank alot!

So I found the Jamin' Leather jacket from the Dime City site without Mikes handy work on sale for 99 bucks.
http://www.jaminleather.com/Cafe-Racer-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket-Special-P2042.aspx

M570SP_0608.jpg

mike-woulfe-leathers-authentic-vintage-leather-cafe-racer-caferacer-jacket-lewis-leathers-18-600x600.jpg

Hey Mike, its Kiley from the emails here. Hope you're feeling better man, and I can't wait to get mine. For those of you that don't know, I won one from dcc at barbers this year and will be sure to post lots of pics when I get it. Can't wait!

Mike, how much does a jacket run to put a few patches on it if we sent you a jacket? Its getting chiily here in the south and I'm going to be needing a new jacket haha

Thats the exact jacket that I want, just cant afford 300 bucks right now. Has to be the coolest jacket I've seen.

i wanted one to but couldnt afford. so i got this from leatherup.com
photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

link to the jacket
http://www.leatherup.com/p/Mens-Motorcycle-Jackets/Mens-Cruiser-Advanced-Armored-Premium-Buffalo-Leather-Motorcycle-Jacket/53274.html

i have no complaints at all. its super heavy and the padding is great. super warm also. best $130 ive spent in a long time!

1976cb356 said:
Thats the exact jacket that I want, just cant afford 300 bucks right now. Has to be the coolest jacket I've seen.

The Jamin Leathers jacket I posted the pic of above the MW jacket is 99 bucks. Same jacket Mike uses to make the Dime City Jacket. I'll have some patches sewn in and be good to go for under 150.

Oh it is the same jacket? looks to be, I just thought It was a knock off or something, well sweet I will be getting on of those with a DCC patch on the left and DTT on the right.

to me the jamin one doesnt look as nice of leather as mikes. also $284 for a 99 dollar jacket and some patches sewn on is a little high to me. only cost 4$ each to sew a patch on at a patch shop around the town i live in

modifiedamerican said:
to me the jamin one doesnt look as nice of leather as mikes. also $284 for a 99 dollar jacket and some patches sewn on is a little high to me. only cost 4$ each to sew a patch on at a patch shop around the town i live in

Quote from Mike

Yes, these guys wanted heavier jackets, so the one in the Dime city picture came from Jammin. I'll order any jacket you want. This particular jacket is difficult to work with. Very stiff and because of their construction, a bear access the insides.

The jacket pic looks terrible, so does every jacket on their website. But I spent a good 30min looking at all the pics from both the Jamin site and the DCC site and every thing looks identical. The Jamin jacket is on closeout right now down from 169.00. It's made from 1.2 leather and has the YKK zippers just like the DCC jacket. If it's not the same I'll send it back, I get it on Wed so I'll let you guys know.

Aslo the markup on the jacket from DCC doesn't sound to unreasonable to me. Mike does a lot more than just sew some patches on. He painstakingly removes the liner and then sews the patches on. In some cases he has to do the same to the actual jacket which includes re-gluing and sewing the leather. Figure 99 bucks for the jacket, 120+ for Mikes cut and then DCC has it's markup. Remember kids this is a business.

Back
Top Bottom