Let's see your riding boots

My Riding "Boots":

Leather Chuck Taylors: ;D

converse_as_blk_mono_leather.jpg

converse-chuck-taylor-allstar-monochrome-black-leather-1.jpg

Not much/any protection... Possibly better then the adios I was wearing last year though.

chucks are A+ for styling, but a solid F for protection lol..

and tim, Im diggin the modern footwear.. really though, this thread surprised me, a lot of modern boots..

isolato said:
my urban commandos are Axo Slammers

I dont have any "safe" riding boots quite yet, mainly because I don't like the looks of most modern boots, but want something I can slip on easily (unlike old ones). I like these a lot though... you think they come in black?

Here are my current kicks...
puma345997-01_puma-917-mid-drill-cvs_z.jpg

I know, I know, they arn't very safe. Atleast they cover my ankles.

kapow. new camera :)

I got them near new at a vintage store. Canadian mounty boots. Super comfy and formed to my feet.

IMG_0027.jpg

ericngsta said:
this high
IMG_0051.jpg

they are nice because they fit under and over pants very well.
I have to look into a set of those . I think those are cooler than my 22 eye Dr Martens .

LL said:
how about some 10" red wings for $150 that will last forever?

1149.jpg

When i bought my Wolvies, I looked into RWs first-couldn't tell the difference except the higher RW price ::)

Those are nice. I want boots without laces. This is 2009. I don't feel I should have to bend down to tie my boots...

Andrew, them some fancy kicks there! Good compliment to a Gentleman's Express.

Here's my kicks: The 50 mission crush ones are Red Wings found at a yard sale. They were basically new when I got them.
Best $8 I ever spent. Save for that bag ov we........uhhh, well anyway.
Eddie Lawson Signature Styl Martins from mid-late 80's. Great CL find. Thank the devil they don't have any neon green/pink/yellow on them.

Nate in PDX

Love the look of the vintage boots and all, but i wanna be able to walk away from a crash if at all possible, preferable without my feet lookin like i was just hobbled... haha

SO i got these:

Picture2.png

and these:

Picture5.png

sl8rxlr8r said:
Love the look of the vintage boots and all, but i wanna be able to walk away from a crash if at all possible, preferable without my feet lookin like i was just hobbled... haha

I must agree... and not to fuss with anyone's choices but, I was once crowded over into a vertical curb by a car. My toe is the only thing that touched the curb. I was wearing heavy engineer boots, and when I got home and got off, I noticed the leather was worn thru on the corner about the size of a quarter, the sock about the size of a dime, and my little toe about the size of a pencil eraser, and a sock soaked in blood. didn't hurt till I cleaned it. I was still fearless for 25 years or so, till a foot long 2X4 was thrown up by an 18 wheeler I was passing at about 80mph. It hit me square in the toe. Hurt so bad I thought it was broken. Made me cry, hurt for days. I had on steel toed shoes. I do wear tour boots on trips, but I really only feel covered against trauma in the MX'ers.

Here's my preferred . 1 pair of Sailor Jerry Chucks , 1 pair of steel toe Redwings , and my 22 eye Dr Martens Brutus .
IMG_1235.jpg

Back
Top Bottom