The Nortons

Re: 1973 - The Commando

Maritime said:
Ha Irk you suggested flanders too a couple of canadians that have to pay 35% more of our money for things in usd. So they get pricey.
I was kidding.

teazer said:
You could also try Flanders Cables for a suitable elbow.

I had never heard of them before: http://www.flanderscables.com/

Thanks Teazer.

I've always associated that name with handle bars. Flanders handle bar catalogs have been around.

Hurco550 said:
I had about that much room on my tw200 after the mikuni clone swap, and this did the trick for me. Not sure of the thread pitch on your carb, but it may do the trick if its the same.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Genuine-Mikuni-Carburetor-Angled-Carb-Top-Cable-Elbow-Adjuster-I-M22-10-3/171973600424?epid=1037064532&hash=item280a6ce4a8:g:XzUAAOSwXMxcGXCP:sc:USPSFirstClass!43302!US!-1:rk:1:pf:1

Thanks. I have one of these on order now, at 10$ it's definitely worth a shot. It's a Mikuni TM that Dad got new from Sudco in 2009 but never got around to installing.

If that doesn't work for you Mikuni Oz (Australia) have a few different cable ends listed, a 45, 70 and 90 degree. So you should be able to make something up.

canyoncarver said:
Thanks. I have one of these on order now, at 10$ it's definitely worth a shot. It's a Mikuni TM that Dad got new from Sudco in 2009 but never got around to installing.
I had to go the same route as Levi. Cheapest easiest solution.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

I tend to go with custom cables, since I have an endless supply of cash to spend on vintage bikes.

irk miller said:
I tend to go with custom cables, since I never have enough cash to spend on vintage bikes, and making cables is usually cheaper than buying them.

Fixed

tumblr_pksz28i1sQ1revd2o_540.jpg

Last edited:

I decided that Colorado Norton Works had the stainless steel front fender this bike needed. Its' a great fit out of the box, just needs some touch up and primer for now.

I like it.
newfender1.jpg
newfender2.jpg

Last edited:

is that the same model in every advert?

haha! spoken like a true gear head! I meant the girl. lol

Back
Top Bottom