What did you build this week?

Thanks Scott. She actually put some battery powered LED's in the hollow and they come on for 4 hours in the evening and light it up, it looks really neat and you can see it is hollow all the way down.

Made this island top when I remodeled our kitchen. It's made of 2" reclaimed Douglas Fir flooring, pulled out of a house down the street from mine.

Very cool on the LED's in the hollow! great Idea

And I really like that island top. What finish did you put on it?

This week I helped weld up a fairly rare 1932 Chrysler grille shell. It was pretty badly damaged and not a good candidate for a restoration, so my buddy Nick is using it on his 1932 Ford pickup. We shortened it by about 4 inches (took out the crank hole in the center bar) and made new grille bars. We welded them in, and then he painted the surround. The bars are bare steel and will be allowed to rust to match the patina of the car.

It was a bit of a shock to find out that the grille, even in the condition it was in, was worth way more than my motorcycle.

Attachments

• grillwelding.JPG
    grillwelding.JPG
    143.3 KB · Views: 627
  • IMG_2873.JPG
    IMG_2873.JPG
    117.9 KB · Views: 615
  • IMG_2874.JPG
    IMG_2874.JPG
    110.4 KB · Views: 627
That is badass.
Do you have pictures of what its going on?

Nice work

SONIC. said:
Very cool on the LED's in the hollow! great Idea

And I really like that island top. What finish did you put on it?

I used Emmet's Good Stuff Wood Finish on the island top and the oak butcher block counter tops. I highly reccomend it, very easy to use, doesn't smell too bad or strong, can put on three coats in an hour.

http://www.butcherblock.com/shop/emmets-good-stuff-2/

bradj said:
Been working on this little guy

This is going to be badass. Just don't roll your fingers through it when you're done ;D

I've been building shipping crates all day

And cold proofing my shop. I went through 500 bucks in propane in the last 13 days. Emptied my tank. Fuck this weather. So we have been redoing insulation where its worn, filling door gap, made a big swinging door to cover the exhaust fan when its not in use etc.

SONIC. said:
I've been building shipping crates all day

And cold proofing my shop. I went through 500 bucks in propane in the last 13 days. Emptied my tank. Fuck this weather. So we have been redoing insulation where its worn, filling door gap, made a big swinging door to cover the exhaust fan when its not in use etc.

Whats the story with the cart being crated?

1905 Lineberry factory cart wheels and hardware, hand made butcher block top of walnut, 4x4 walnut legs, oak accents and drawer, hand forged wrought iron handles held on by hand made rose head nails, reclaimed woven steel grating as the bottom shelf.

Just one of my products that I'm shipping to NY.

SONIC. said:
I'm near Nashville
We did the Memphis hub, so that's probably it. Interesting how some random uninteresting piece of industrial equipment that came out of the shop I worked at is now a table for someone.

Thanks Sonic, I haven't worked with leather in a few years. Had some down time and I had all these nice hides. A little short term project can be extremely satisfying.

Made some junk out of junk

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    684.1 KB · Views: 619
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    794.6 KB · Views: 628
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    668.8 KB · Views: 602
DrJ said:
Thanks Sonic, I haven't worked with leather in a few years. Had some down time and I had all these nice hides. A little short term project can be extremely satisfying.

Agreed. I do a lot of little stuff to keep myself sane haha. It's about time to get back to my bike tough haha.

Back
Top Bottom