1976 CB550 Scrambler - Project Warpig

That blue engine.....is fucking awesome. Matches the Hagon stickers, and would look awesome with black bodywork with blue pinstripes.

Shame its going! haha

Looking good so far.

Green199 said:
That blue engine.....is fucking awesome. Matches the Hagon stickers, and would look awesome with black bodywork with blue pinstripes.

Shame its going! haha

Looking good so far.
It's funny you say that...some of my buddies say leave it and others say paint it...I have a black tank , side covers and headlight bucket. It all comes down to time. I need to get it running and rideable before we go on a weekend trip in May. If I can, I will repaint it and if not, it will be blue for a little while longer

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

advCo said:
That Volkswagen Pkwy sign is great.
Thanks man...used to be in to VWs prior to motorcycles along with Jordan (jsJamboree)

Motorcycles are cheaper and take up less space!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mothgils said:
Thanks man...used to be in to VWs prior to motorcycles along with Jordan (jsJamboree)

Motorcycles are cheaper and take up less space!

my old man is going the opposite direction. Got rid of his bikes and is getting into Volkswagens..

Progress is slow and steady.

Carbs, airbox, and battery tray are secure. I am running the carbs from my '74 which were jetted for velocity stacks and 4-1 exhaust so they will have to come back off and be re-jetted for the stock airbox and 4-2 pipes

JsJamboree (Jordan) worked is solder magic and shortened the clutch cable to perfection. Then he and Tifun (Keith) are argued about the proper way to check connections and wiring until we ultimately called it a night and unplugged everything.

My mufflers and battery will be in tomorrow and still have a few small bits to order.

I still need to get a spiltter and dual brake lined for my CB750 super sport brake setup for the front. For now i will run a single side setup utilizing my stock MC.

I will update with some pictures later!

Haha...less than 4 weeks...not much has changed for looks...semi finished the front fender shape

Attachments

• IMG_3276.JPG
    IMG_3276.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 327
Wiring is 90% done...pulling front end off for rebuild and wheels off for new tires

Front fender mockup..going to have to figure out a way to brace the front

Attachments

• IMG_3285.JPG
    IMG_3285.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 325
  • IMG_3286.JPG
    IMG_3286.JPG
    2.5 MB · Views: 325
Nice. I've had luck bracing fiberglass fenders with a strip of 0.125" steel either riveted or epoxied to the backside of fenders, depending on what look you're going for :eek:

Made progress last night, even though it looks more disassembled.

Completed wiring and had to swap starter solenoids for a good one. Pulled the front end off for rebuild. Tires got mounted today. Hope to have it running by the weekend

Attachments

• IMG_3288.JPG
    IMG_3288.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 327
Woot good jib, thaw is coming. Sadly I will miss it this year again. No vacation left till july 1.

Back
Top Bottom