Maybe a stupid question

meatpocket

If I change my 74 360 twin from a stock air box to pod filters, yet run the stock pipes. Do I need to rejet the carbs?? I realize that every bike is a little different, but is it typical to rejet for just pod filters?

A twin should be a little easier than going to pods on a 4 cylinder, but I'd still think it would run leaner. Might get away with just adjusting the air screw on the carbs.

Hmmm, you might get away with stock settings, but the only "Lean" on a bike should be in a corner. :D

I know very little about 4 strokes. This is my first. I've been playing with 2 stokes for years. So I'm used to rejetting when ever you do anything to the bike. Is it constructive to do plug chops on 4 strokes? Or should I just ride around for a bit and keep an eye on the plugs? Does anyone know where I can get jets for this bike if needed? I hear they go up in 5's. Which seems like a fairly wide range to me. Pehaps just richen up the mixture would be enough???

plug chops are the only way you can tune it accurately at diff rpms ( low mid and wfo). as far as jet suppliers I think your local honda shop can get them for you (assuming its a honda)

You'll likely pull it off, like tintin said likely a little playin' with the air screw, and maybe richen the needle some too. ???

Back
Top Bottom