www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

GET DTT UPDATES ON FACEBOOK AND TWITTER

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Engines / Re: Carb retrofit onto CB450??
« Last post by redrover on Today at 04:24:15 »
Thanks a lot for the inspiration... Gonna have to just tackle it and make it myself.
HELP! 1-800-CAFE-HELP / Re: vm28 vs vm30 on cl360
« Last post by raptormeat on Today at 02:09:57 »
feel i should chime in hillset!  back at sea level now...rebuilding top end right now due to leaky copper head gasket (kindof expected that, i dont trust copper gaskets anymore)...BUT I am putting in a wideband 02 sensor in my exhaust so i can tune my bike once and for all..still using vm28 roundslides

a few things we know:
360s like long exhausts..to rear axle ideally
there are 2 types of needle jets for the VM28s.  Bleed (leaner, good for 360 and 4 strokes, 175 Mikuni #s) and Primary (richer, 2 strokes)  which a lot of 350 racers (vm30sand 159 jets) tune with(169 Mikuni #s)...so I would say its possible to get the bike running reasonably well with either needle jet, but the other variables (exhaust, filters) also impact the Bleed or Primarys usefulness..all depends on the AF ratio..

air jets: 2mm air jets should be used with Primary type needle jets, to help atomization.  a Bleed type needle jet needs less, maybe .8mm or even stock on RD350 carbs is .5 i think...a 2mm air jet blowing into a bleed jet would be very atomized, but too lean midrange...unless you maybe richened everything up with lower float levels, a huge main, and a richer needle jet...its all a balance based on so many things...there is no perfect IMO.

filters: vstacks will let in adequate air all the time (and other stuff) so will need to compensate with a richer needle jet, bigger main, or lower float level gap, than if you had used Unis, which may be too restrictive if the small pod kind....even if we all had identical setups, 'theres more than one way to skin a cat.'

ALSO use this method of tuning. http://smellofdeath.com/lloydy/jetting.htm  Do this once u have a smooth idle. Another thing to try is use some of the most common cb350 mikuni jet setups minus 10%, so if someone used a 30 pilot on vm 30s, try 27.5, if they used 170 main Jet on vm30s, try 152.5-155 main Jet on vm28s, primary needle Jet p-5, try primary 0-8 .

not going to throw any numbers out until i start tuning on the wideband. then will get dno tested and repeat again.  AEM has weldless O2 bung kits haha. best part of the 360 is you can brat the tail with the stock rear loop and an angle grinder...no welds on my ride.

Trackers / Re: CB360 - OEM+ lets see what happens here.
« Last post by Cursh on Today at 01:08:34 »
I started roughing out a seat today. I知 sure I値l have to go back and remake everything again. Right now at just about seeing what fits and what works.

I知 open to feedback. I知 thinking I値l have the seat swing up and back from the tank instead of hinging to the side. Same function as a scissor jack but with a small gas strut instead of a screw.

Anyway. Progress without messing up any tuning.
  Make sure you sand in between layups. The resin won稚 bond to a glossy surface

In the future, I would recommend laying out all of your cloth (3 layers or whatever you choose) and wetting it all out at once. Make a small test piece and practice wetting out multiple layers. You will see the color of the cloth change from white to clear when it is fully wetted. Squeegee out any excess and make sure there痴 no bubbles

For something this big you are going to want a hardener with a slow cure time that will allow you to work with it longer before it begins to cure.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON
Tanks & Seats / Re: Seat makers for a cb360.
« Last post by MiniatureNinja on Today at 01:03:39 »
check out tuffside

Other Projects / Re: BGW Tri-Rod Panty Dropper Hellride
« Last post by teazer on Today at 00:32:08 »
How do you plan on squeezing the replacement (Hyabusa) motor in there?

And Y E S to big seventies flake.  Hope those sideburns are coming along and that you have suitable bell bottoms, tie-die shirt and platform shoes to complete the ensemble. 

Wicked little project.  Nice work.
Tanks & Seats / Seat makers for a cb360.
« Last post by ryan_289 on Today at 00:00:07 »
I'm building my first motorcycle so this is probably a noob question. 

I'm looking for a tracker style seat with a upsweep in the back.  I am going to keep the stock airboxes and battery.  I have found the universal seats on Ebay but they look pretty thin and uncomfortable.  Anyone have any suggestions on a decent padded seat and hoop like I'm looking for?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Other Projects / Re: Walnut service bench, all done but the finishing.
« Last post by irk miller on Jul 22, 2018, 23:25:17 »
Oh no... Levi's shed...  bro... dude... do you have any concept of Levi's shed?  There are SOOO many things there!  Things of wonder and awe, things of dread and fear, things of mystery and of dire importance to national security.  If you can survive the strip search (by Navy Seals), the national security background check, the blood test, and the DNA background check you'll be allowed to enter the inter-rectum.  After you push aside the door that's disguised to look like a pile of old motorcycle tires you enter the elevator that will take you 100 feet straight down.  You put on the scuba tanks and dive through a water-filled tunnel only to find another Seal team waiting... Are you sure you don't want to just put a HF Predator on your board tracker and be done with it?
Bodywork / Painting / Plating / Re: Make/mold a fiberglass full fairing?
« Last post by J-Rod10 on Jul 22, 2018, 21:50:30 »
Relief cuts are going to be your friend around radii.
Other Projects / Re: BGW Tri-Rod Panty Dropper Hellride
« Last post by pidjones on Jul 22, 2018, 20:41:02 »
I think it needs a  bright grass-green large flake paint job with yellow flake vinyl done like an old Kustom guitar amp.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10