www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Engines / Re: KZ750 twin high lift spring kit
« Last post by doc_rot on Today at 17:52:50 »
Iím talking to web cams about a custom grind. .420 in .440 ex 238 duration
Where do epoxy based paints rank in terms of durability? Better or worse than lacquer/enamel/etc?
Urethanes are the most durable and UV resistant.  Epoxies have the best chemical resistance.  Lacquers have the best shine, but they are the least durable and require many more coats for a finish.
Welcome to the farm.
Engines / Re: KZ750 twin high lift spring kit
« Last post by canyoncarver on Today at 17:13:54 »
I'm trying to gauge interest here and see if anybody would be interested in a group buy. The stock KZ750 springs achieve coil bind at .450" lift so the max lift that would be safe is about .390". I sent a KZ750 twin head to Kibblewhite Precision Machining and they have scoped the head and have put together a higher lift spring kit using off the shelf parts, however it does require custom retainers and base washers. This kit would allow lift up to .475"

A complete spring kit would be about $160 to-$250  depending on interest.

in case you own a 750 twin and had not considered a cam Web  Cams will do a custom regrind  for about $350

Please let me know if you are interested, and if this is in the wrong section mods please feel free to move.

I might be.  What cam grind are you looking at?
I feel she deserves a second chance, so Id like to nominate TREK97's little cl100 "piglet".

Here's the build thread:
http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=65898.0

I've seen this little tike in person, and she's a real sweetheart, and also a neat story of a little bike that's been in his family being saved.

Cafe Racers / Re: Cb250n
« Last post by Odontologist on Today at 16:54:27 »
Looking great.
Other Projects / Re: Mobile welding cart and folding table
« Last post by Odontologist on Today at 16:50:49 »
Yes. But I don't  think you'll  find one for sale commercially....at least I couldn't,  that's  why I ended up making it.
The motor is going to look so sweet in that frame. Keep it up!
Engines / KZ750 twin high lift spring kit
« Last post by doc_rot on Today at 16:37:46 »
I'm trying to gauge interest here and see if anybody would be interested in a group buy. The stock KZ750 springs achieve coil bind at .450" lift so the max lift that would be safe is about .400". I sent a KZ750 twin head to Kibblewhite Precision Machining and they have scoped the head and have put together a higher lift spring kit using off the shelf parts, however it does require custom retainers and base washers. This kit would allow lift up to .475"

A complete spring kit would be about $160 to-$250  depending on interest.

in case you own a 750 twin and had not considered a cam Web  Cams will do a custom regrind  for about $350

Please let me know if you are interested, and if this is in the wrong section mods please feel free to move.
Subbed. I'm a sucker for a good ol XR resurrection
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10