76 CB360 (GrayBird)...DONE w/new pics!

Re: 76 CB360 (GrayBird)

1976cb356 said:
Very cool, I guess I could start on my wiring, Thanks for the modivation. Are you doing any shrink wrap? I been looking for a nice store with shrink wrap and soder and wire, but just keep finding multicolored ones for too much dinero. Fastenal has some stuff, might just go to lowes or napa.

Anyways, great build nice and clean.

Thanks!

No, not using shrink wrap. I am using the origional type connector ends with the clear rubber insulators that fit around the connections.

I just started wiring up the controls today and Iam SO F'ING CONFUSED!!!!!! I hate reading schmatics!!

Nice build man. The choice in colours are different (the good kind). See if you can find, not a schematic, but a wiring diagram. They show the actual location of all the components, like a pictorial diagram.

Well, I have everything wired up but the lectric start. Mufflers will be going on tonight. Just got both wheels on last night. Need to tidy up a few things and I should be able to kickstart her and see what other mess of problems I need to deal with. ;D

Took these pictures today.

As of now I am just running the stock tail light and seat. I have a nice tail light I ordered from DCC but just doesn't go with what I was doing. Quite honestly......I like the stock look with a little customizing.

Attachments

• IMAG0837.jpg
    IMAG0837.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 1,729
  • IMAG0839.jpg
    IMAG0839.jpg
    83.5 KB · Views: 1,760
  • IMAG0840.jpg
    IMAG0840.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 1,788
  • IMAG0841.jpg
    IMAG0841.jpg
    86 KB · Views: 1,891

Alright man I gotta ask. I am Almost at the same point at my build and I am dreading the wiring. Did you by anychance do a diagram?

atx360 said:
Alright man I gotta ask. I am Almost at the same point at my build and I am dreading the wiring. Did you by anychance do a diagram?

Just went by the one in the manuel. I can honestly tell you that I have hours into studying that damn thing. My harness was good. Just a few issues here and there.

Cool, thats what I've been dealing with too, I could probably build a harnes pretty easily just cause im going so bare bones. But I'm just gonna use what I need on the stock harness and take off the rest.

Glad to see your project coming along nicely. I really like the frame color choice! ;)

76 CB360 (GrayBird)

I need confirmation that this IS actually your first build. I'm seeing multiple bikes and parts in the background. I'm gonna assume that those are your daughters' builds and that you didn't tell a boldface lie in post#1.

Looks really clean. Keep it rolling. My dial up Internet and I will try and keep up.

Jordan918 said:
I need confirmation that this IS actually your first build. I'm seeing multiple bikes and parts in the background. I'm gonna assume that those are your daughters' builds and that you didn't tell a boldface lie in post#1.

Looks really clean. Keep it rolling. My dial up Internet and I will try and keep up.

Seriously.....it is. ;D

After I bought this bike, I bought the TL125 and was building it along side this one. Since then, I have picked up the XL250 and last week the XS750.

If my wife would have let me spend our tax return the way I wanted to, all hell would have broken loose on Craigslist!

Almost finished here. Still need to tune the bike up. Only thing cosmetic that I am going to do is make a seat pan for a more lower profile flat type of seat. Just waiting for my sheet metal to get in. Already have the seat cushion and will just have to shape it to how I want it. I changed the bars out from the cafe style to a low rise wide reach bar (32" wide). I always liked wide bars on my mountain bikes and was more comfortable and like the look better.

I still have a new set of Mikunis VM30's to put on it but for now, just going to run stock. If I cant get these carbs tuned in I am going to send them to PJ.

For the most part, the bike is done. I like how it turned out.

Attachments

• IMAG0871.jpg
    IMAG0871.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 960
  • IMAG0874.jpg
    IMAG0874.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 983
  • IMAG0872.jpg
    IMAG0872.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 991
  • IMAG0875.jpg
    IMAG0875.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 979

The word that jumps out to me is CLASSY. Very well done, man. That just looks like a blast to ride.

Thank you. I like "classy". 8)

I also have a different tail light ( sparten style ) for it but cant get it where I want it until I make my new seat.

I really didn't do anything major with the bike. I shortened the blinkers by 1.5", put a different headlight housing on as well as a H4 headlight. Powdercoated frame, rims, hubs, new spokes, grips, handlebars, rebuilt front shock, new rear shocks, rechromed fenders and misc parts.

NO, You didn't do a whole lot to it, and THAT'S what makes it so classy. The few perfect touches you DID do really go a long way with this bike. I think she's awesome! Nice work.

It really turned out sharp. Turn signal shorten was the best idea of all. where did you send the chrome ? and get the spokes ?
I have a real soft spot for a sapphire blue 76 360. I rolled one into my garage exactly like it once.

Chrome went to a place called "Papago Plating" in Phoenix. I hate to admit it but I got the spokes off of Ebay from Thialand for $75 front and rear. They were just to expensive locally. Went with brass nipples.

Thanks I got Papago in bookmarks. I know its pretty expensive getting stuff chromed are you happy were they fairly priced ? In the pics your stuff looks great. but fresh chrome always looks great in pics.

trek97 said:
Thanks I got Papago in bookmarks. I know its pretty expensive getting stuff chromed are you happy were they fairly priced ? In the pics your stuff looks great. but fresh chrome always looks great in pics.

Honestly, I thought they did subpar work. I wasn't all that impressed with them. There were rust marks in joints of items here and there.

sorry you werent impressed by the work. Looks great in pics. and im sure it still looks great in person.

This is just beautiful. I really dig the near-stock mods. Very very well done; I would ride the hell out of it all day!

Hey Az, I am a recent adopter of a CL360. The only prob is someone robbed the exhaust off it. Have heard this is somewhat common. Havent been able to locate another one, do you perhaps know if a CB360 system would work?

Back
Top Bottom