82 Honda CM250 Scrambler "foxy lady"

HEY MAN!
Just checking in, it's been a few weeks. I love the look of that exhaust; I'm sure a good exhaust guy will know what to do for you. It's going to look great. It's amazing how just a few simple changes are going to totally transform the look of that bike. I love watching threads from guys who clearly have unlimited budgets, and can run a machine shop with their eyes closed, but this one is a lot closer to home for me. Clean, simple, awesome.

Thanks dude!

I have some updates but I haven't taken pics yet. I built a new battery box for the Shorai battery and am mounting it up under the seat a little more, hopefully that will clean up the overall look of the bikes profile. As for the exhaust, bending seems to be out of the question so I have some mandrel bends on order and will have to cut them up and build my exhaust that way, it should be fun to figure out.

After that there's only a few things left to finish up like finishing the wiring, shortening a few cables, covering the seat & then Tuning her up.

I'll post some pics of the progress in a few days, thanks for looking.

Looks great! I may have missed it, but what's the plan for upholstery? I think black vinyl with white piping around the seam would be great, like the classic and modern Triumph Scrambler

Thanks!

Yeah, I think that's where I'm headed with the upholstering, I assume I can get the piping at a good fabric store that does upholstering? I'm going to try to do it myself so we'll see, I'm not to great with the sewing machine but I guess there's no better time to learn than now!

Update! I've been working away slowly but surely. I started the scrambler exhaust and it's going well, I mean, I'm satisfied with how it's coming along given the fact that it's my first attempt at building an exhaust. I have to say, Mandrel bends are awesome & I was able to cut up the old crappy exhaust pipes and use those bends too!

IMAG0358.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

IMAG0361.jpg

IMAG0360.jpg

Hey thanks Pete, I'm hoping to have them all tacked together by the end of tonight, I gotta get this thing on the road, the weather is starting to nice! Hopefully I'll have the seat done this weekend too!

gmoore said:
Hey thanks Pete, I'm hoping to have them all tacked together by the end of tonight, I gotta get this thing on the road, the weather is starting to nice! Hopefully I'll have the seat done this weekend too!

Yeah time is rolling on... don't wanna lose any spring or summer you don't have to :D

Don't worry if there are minor details that aren't done, just get her rollin' and you can finish those up later. So far, my fly screen, Acewell, and battery box cover have all been added while it's a daily rider (as well as replacing the stator). Still to come is the proper Acewell bracket and a rear rack and maybe a blow-by container, so just because you're riding don't have to mean she's finished ;)

That exhaust looks awesome so far!
You gotta get that bike outside for some better pictures! All the more reason to get her done and running!!
Cheers!!

haha, definitely! I can't wait to get her outside so I can see how she runs and rides & get her all tuned up.

Here's where I got to tonight, almost done, the finish line is in sight!

IMAG0363.jpg

IMAG0364.jpg

Shorty mufflers!
IMAG0366.jpg

Leg guard
IMAG0371.jpg

Yeah baby, those are awesome! Nice :D

Looks like your seat is going to be similar in shape to mine going by that foam shape too, and I reckon you'll like it. Real happy with how mine turned out, although I used two layers of different density foam to get a softish top layer and firmish bottom layer.

Thanks for the words of encouragement! & congrats on your BOTM nomination! I love the GS's and GSR is an amazing forum, I can't wait to finish this up & get back to GS 750 build. This might be kinda crazy but I think I'm going to try to do scrambler pipes on the 4 cyl. I saw a rad kz900 flat tracker that had it & it looked pretty great with the dual sided scrambler pipes. I just have to decide, 4 into 4 or 4 into 2 haha.

started the seat last night, I'm going for a triumph style pleated seat. I made the gray piping lat night & experimented with the pleats, not an easy task I must say haha, I think in time I'll get it there though.

gmoore said:
Thanks for the words of encouragement! & congrats on your BOTM nomination! I love the GS's and GSR is an amazing forum, I can't wait to finish this up & get back to GS 750 build. This might be kinda crazy but I think I'm going to try to do scrambler pipes on the 4 cyl. I saw a rad kz900 flat tracker that had it & it looked pretty great with the dual sided scrambler pipes. I just have to decide, 4 into 4 or 4 into 2 haha.

started the seat last night, I'm going for a triumph style pleated seat. I made the gray piping lat night & experimented with the pleats, not an easy task I must say haha, I think in time I'll get it there though.

Cheers mate, stoked to be nominated! That's like a win in itself for me given this is my first ever build :D

I reckon a 4 cylinder scrambler is doable of you do it right. Check out the Honda Metisse scrambler with one pipe either side, and I reckon if you go 4 into 2 that should be doable.

If I've got this right, 4 into 4 will give you better top end, but the pair of 2 into 1's should I think increase the midrange somewhat. That may be wrong though...

The pleated seat should be cool!

Here's the start to the seat.

pleated seat top w/ gray piping
IMAG0376.jpg

IMAG0377.jpg

under side in case anyone's curious as to how to make a pleated top
IMAG0378.jpg

IMAG0379.jpg

Back
Top Bottom