CB 450-CL 450 WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING?

Did my first tire change today. It was not as easy as I thought it would be.
IMG062.jpg

Painted part turned out ok but not next to the frame. So I got a deal on powder coating the rest of the parts. Will post pictures later.
IMG064.jpg
IMG065.jpg
IMG066.jpg

Got some tank work done today. My CL is in nice shape, but needs some minor touch up. I am not sure what color or sheen I want to go with, so I am reworking the beat up dented CB tank and thinking of black or silver will try it out to see if I like it.
IMG071.jpg
IMG072.jpg

Started thinking about my front end today when I picked up my front wheel. Shit this thing is heavy, so I have a CBR front end I was going to use with my CB750F did some measuring and it should mount up with the tapered bearing I got. I think the whole front end weighs less than My CL front wheel. LOL We will see what happens when I start throwing it together next weekend.
IMG_0657-1.jpg

Looking forward to stealing your front en ideas....tuned in. Been working on a CL450 for a while. The transmission have me hell!

Tank turned out pretty good, but a few spot need some more work. Cleaned tanks rust out with magic acid work really well.
IMG073.jpg

Got frame ready for motor, but discovered clutch case had a hair line crack in it. I knew the case had a deep dent in it, but did not know case was cracked until I positioned motor on it side to side frame over it and discovered it leaking oil. Inside of case looked bad weighed cost to have it welded or replace. Had some concern about moving parts hitting so I got a replacement case of e-bay for a good price. Also picture of inspection of top end.
IMG082.jpg
IMG079.jpg

I hope so, it seem to take so long to get things done, ;D but it will be worth it when its done. ;D ;

Time is relative my friend. If you only have so many hours in the day, sometimes that's the best you can do. Some builds take years. My first one took me over a year because of money at the time...Keep up the good work it will all come in due time! :D

Came up with this I am sure someone has done it before. Used my vise and ratchet strap as a spring compressor. Looks funny but worked great, just thought I would share it with everyone.
IMG088.jpg

Waiting for a clutch gasket to show up so I started to work on cleaning up the CB450. Thanks for your comments MotorbikeBruno.

bluesmoke69 said:
Waiting for a clutch gasket to show up so I started to work on cleaning up the CB450. Thanks for your comments MotorbikeBruno.

Not a problem. I'm really liking where this is going, the colors are great. I'm still figuring out what I want to do to mine, so in the meantime I'll just stare at your bike! haha

Back
Top Bottom