DTT Barber Build 2012

Mike,

I am in 150% on this thing. Once we figure out a list of parts, I can see what extras I may have around the garage.

Also, if you need anything metal wise ie: sheetmetal (SS, mild steel, or aluminum) or any type of tubing I work in a sheetmetal fab/welding shop and can get any materials you might need. I have 3 lasers too if you need something cut/machined.

Let me know what you might need.

2010 was that way too. With the workaholics we've got here we'll have it done by Saturday and be looking for something else! As far as the seat my opinion is lay glass over the rails and build a lo-pro seat solo or otherwise. Then you're not stuck making something that may not fit work.

JustinLonghorn said:
Last year at Barber's, I enjoyed the wrenching/drinking/shooting the shit as much or more than any of the riding I did.

Plus, your tail light was too fucking bright. Ha.

As cool as the festival was, I hed the most fun hanging out at Kileys with all you guys. If I come this year I would happliy spend all my time wrenching, drinking beers and shooting the shit around Mike's build at the park or in Kiley's shop. 1 good walk around the park to see all the cool bikes and then the rest of the time helping would be a great trip for me.

I know off hand I have a bullet style rear taillight, and some smoked turn signals (I have no need for them).

Also, keeping with the bobber theme, I can build you a license plate bracket like mine. It puts the plate vertically and the bracket attaches to the rear axle.

It occured to me that I seem to have a nack (fetish?) for creating/fitting LED fixtures into existing OEM lenses (taillights and signals).
Flug, if you're interested in such, I'd be happy to try and fab up something. I'd just need to know the dimensions of the lenses you plan on using... or if possible get them to me, and I'll have them done and ready to install at Barbers.

If not, I'm still in for slingin wrenches ;)

DRAG BARS COVERED, powder coated black, drilled for controls and wires. (no controls) First bars I had on my 360. My brother "mitchellsk " and i might be able to do Barber this year. If not PM your address and ill send em to ya...in case I cant make it...Illinois is a long way from Alabama & October is far away.

Kanticoy said:
My personal opinion, and this is just that...an opinion...is that I hate the solo seats on flat frame rails. The only way that you can hide those rails is with a flat sitting seat that covers them. Another option is modifying the frame I have here. You would have to get it titled, which isn't a big deal, but it could be copied to your hearts content. Try finding some bikes on the Web that are similar to what you want.

I understand what you mean. That is why I suggested moving the shock mounts forward to try an minimize the frame rails, but I don't think it will be enough. I will look around to get some ideas.

I guess what we would end up with is something like this.

honda-cb450-cafe-racer-2.jpg

honda-cb450-cafe-racer-4.jpg

trek97 said:
DRAG BARS COVERED, powder coated black, drilled for controls and wires. (no controls) First bars I had on my 360. My brother "mitchellsk " and i might be able to do Barber this year. If not PM your address and ill send em to ya...in case I cant make it...Illinois is a long way from Alabama & October is far away.

I ride down from Detroit. Let me know.

Man, you guys are blowing me away. It is very hard to pay attention to my work and not daydream about this.

Von, I will look into it and get back to you. Like I said, I would like to keep my drum, but I don't think it is feasible. I will have to check fit up with that axle and such. I saw one of those wheels at the bike show this weekend and thought it looked cool. Rusty spokes I can handle. You should have seen my wheels before I cleaned them up.

Mothgils, I will PM you. I actually had a really cool idea for front turn signals that I was going to put on Nixon before the crash and think I could still do now. I will discuss what I was thinking with you. It should be a pretty simple piece.

Maritime, I don't want or need your money. Would much rather have your happy ass at Barber. Get there.

Deviant, I'm still not sold on the tank. I am going to keep looking at ideas for awhile. If I go with it, I will be in touch. It is a big dent.

Redbird, I have a fetish for LEDs too. My taillight actually still works. Maybe we can figure out a way to mount it so I can continue to blind Justin and anyone else who is behind me.

Trek, that's awesome man! I think my controls are still OK. They are stock honda controls so should work with the holes (though I just notched the housings to run the cable external on my clipons, but we can fix that.

Lots of ideas to run through guys.

I'm a bit overwhelmed.

Thanks.

That bike you posted....sick. I'm in it to win it. That's a stock 450 tank if i'm not mistaken....

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Mike, I've got a 78 CB650 tank hanging out in the garage, as well as a 76 KZ650 tank doing absolutely nothing but collecting dust. Both have just a couple of small dings, nothing that cant be fixed easily. As we get closer to this, either one of them is yours for the taking if I can come over. Always willing to help a brother out!

I think you need to create a list of all the bits needed for the build and then people can propose ideas for each one / check them off as taken care of - like a wedding registry ;)

I'll see what I can scrounge up from my garage, but it would help to know what is needed and what you're looking to build.

Tim said:
I think you need to create a list of all the bits needed for the build and then people can propose ideas for each one / check them off as taken care of - like a wedding registry ;)

I'll see what I can scrounge up from my garage, but it would help to know what is needed and what you're looking to build.

Since this got lost last time:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AiXzl-HNrZMkdHg4ckVvMmZPZ2F4MGx2a3hsYVJSUHc

Oh man... I have a tank, with petcock and cap that is so awesome. Ill send ya a pic after work. If you dig it, Ill ship it to you. It is in major need of a cleaning and seal kit. More work than could be done over the weekend at Kileys.

VonYinzer said:
Oh man... I have a tank, with petcock and cap that is so awesome. Ill send ya a pic after work. If you dig it, Ill ship it to you. It is in major need of a cleaning and seal kit. More work than could be done over the weekend at Kileys.

It even says "Fuck you Mike" right on it!

Haha... No. Thats mine. This was given to me for a now long gone project. Id be happy to pass it on.

I've updated Fix's spreadsheet with what I know right now. I haven't tested most of the stuff, just going by a visual.

So here is a questions. Should we start with the bike intact how it was pulled from the ravine? This means, as I go through and take parts off to check them, I will have to put them back on. Or, do I just bring it already disassembled.

I thought it would be more dramatic if everyone could see what it looked like when we started instead of boxes of parts.

I think pictures will suffice. Anyone who shows up after we start would only see it in pictures anyways.

I also have a set drag bars laying around. I don't think they are drilled for internal wiring though. I'll send you a pic sometime. If you want them they are yours.

Back
Top Bottom