Plasti-dip tank matte white
Shave seat & recover with brown
Carmel grips
Velocity Stacks
New (bigger) tires front & rear
New headlight bucket, turn signals, tail light
Front fender delete
New battery & hide under seat

Sweet, another 400f build to garnish new ideas from. keep the updates coming... If you do ditch that front guard i'd been keen to take it off your hands? let me know ;)

Plasti-dipped the tank matte white but not totally happy with the result. Going to peel it off, sand the tank and paint instead.

The headlight bucket that I ordered is a tad too small for the headlight ring. F#@k!!

7330964756_b40ae832e1_z.jpg

Tank is done being painted. Now just need the decals to arrive

7356379878_6910ed4ca9_z.jpg

Headlight came this week. Mocked it up on the bike. Now going to paint black and put in new LED idiot lights. May possible install the ignition in the headlight bucket.

7171165579_321b82dee2_z.jpg

7171165759_266a09b276_z.jpg

Made a seat pan. Lot of fiberglass in this picture with the boards...

7452089668_7c3f4f471c_z.jpg

Got the seat upholstered, looks fantastic.

7452089216_c93099cbf0_z.jpg

Painted the headlight, bracket, and side covers. Covers are temporary, going to put a faux oil tank under there or maybe an ammo case or something. Lots of frame touch up still needed.

7452087998_44d21f6a8a_z.jpg

7452088336_4bd015aa39_z.jpg

I probably need to put a hoop on the back of the frame and redo the seat. That was my first attempt on a seat pan and now I need to make one that covers the side rails of the frame to tidy all of that up.

Rear tire showed up in the mail today. Going to try and get it mounted in the next couple days.

7452088680_fcb1c7aef5_z.jpg

Maybe I don't need to redo the seat. Just a hoop or a fender to complete the backend. Would love to hear others thoughts/opinions/suggestions...

seat turned out nice! where you gonna mount a brake light? i'm having this same hoop/fender/backend delema right now. i'm gonna mount a fender some how to clean up the back end plus it'll give my "inard" area some protection. i dont think it looks bad at all right now because your seat came out so sweet. nice build man.

Right now I'm leaning towards both a hoop (4" long 2" upward kick) and white fender. I have a round taillight that I would mount right above the top of the hoop. If I only go with a fender, I would just mount the headlight on it.

Looking good!

Don't see very many 400f bratstyle, but here's one in Melbourne, Australia:

Attachments

• brat400f.jpg
    brat400f.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 643
Looking really good. That seat and your paint turned out awesome. I love the white and brown, especially on a brat.

What paint did you use on the tank?

Nice work, keep it up

jonnyTHUNDERmaker said:
Looking really good. That seat and your paint turned out awesome. I love the white and brown, especially on a brat.

What paint did you use on the tank?

Thanks

I used plati-dip. I didn't turn out as well as I'd hoped the first time around so I peeled it off, sanded the tank, and reapplied. Came out really nice the second time. There are a few dents in the tank so during the winter I'm going to be faced with a tough decision. Do I want to do a full nut & bolt restore and in which case bondo the tank and repaint. Or do I just leave her with all the dirt & patina.

I've also ordered a hoop for the rear frame. So I am going to redo the seat to match the new frame lines. Same colors but thinking I might go a little thicker this time around. Right now it's only got 1" padding, thinking I'll double that up.

I'm also a little unsure what to do about badging. I have some original 'honda super sport' decals as well as some 60's style black & white honda sport round badges.

http://www.drcproducts.com/elect/d45-29-30/index.html

Im using that light, mounted directly to the bottom of the seat pan, with a modded plate bracket off like a 400t or something, and no hoop..looks pretty darn good..

Excuse the upholstery, it was a test run.

Attachments

• IMG_6829.jpg
    IMG_6829.jpg
    56.6 KB · Views: 1,619
Back
Top Bottom