2012 Harley Iron 883n project

jkluesner

Been Around the Block
So I decided to start a new thread for my new project and I am I not sure where it should go so I picked this section. Just finished the 73 BMW and was looking for a daily commuter and.... I got a great deal on a used 2012 harley iron 883n! I always wanted to take a sporty and do some sort of cafe/tracker mod to it and now I have my chance! Below is what I have done with $30 so far :) Drag bars and flipped mirrors adds a lot to the ride setup and look of the bike-- I am liking the lines. Flipped mirrors also work better because now I am no longer looking at my shoulders in the mirror!

Suggestions are welcome in the direction I take. First on the list is relocating that speedo.... sticks out like a tumor! Note Icy, the bad-ass husky guarding the bike 8)

IMG_2313 by jkluesner, on Flickr

IMG_2312 by jkluesner, on Flickr

IMG_2308 by jkluesner, on Flickr

Damn good looking Nightster!
Might think about a set of XR-1000 high tracker style pipes? Blacked out of coarse. ;)

1984-harley-davidson-xr-1000-sportster-1.jpg

Hoosier Daddy said:
Damn good looking Nightster!
Might think about a set of XR-1000 high tracker style pipes? Blacked out of coarse. ;)

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. Maybe put some longer shocks on the back and some sort of tracker exhaust. I really like the RSD 2-into-1 exhaust, but it is very pricey at over 700 big ones....

Swapmeet Louie said:
RSD is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay over priced.

Yes, I agree. They sell a speedo relocation kit for something like $250 when you can buy an autometer clamp for $16 to mount the speedo next to the tank on the left side. I am considering this mod and making my own bracket. $16 vs $250... hmmm

Cool, I kinda like those bikes. If I wasnt so worried about it self destructing if I so much as changed a spark plug without it being up to some kinda Harley dealership computer ;) I would be hunting for one myself. Fuel injection AND electronic ignition?!?!?! Madness....

Those XR1000's are way fucking cool too.

ProSimex said:
Fuel injection AND electronic ignition?!?!?! Madness....

Yeah, I know what you mean. Looking into replacing the exhaust and intake and that means a tuner software for the EFI and more $$$. I am not taking the bike to the stealer to get work done.... I just hope it doesn't void the warranty if I do all the maintenance work :-\

jkluesner said:
I really like the RSD 2-into-1 exhaust, but it is very pricey at over 700 big ones....

That's just crazy talk... Insanity I tell you!

ProSimex said:
Those XR1000's are way fucking cool too.

If I only knew then what I know now. I looked at a brand new one at the Dealership back in '82 and I had $1400 in my pocket for a down payment. Salesman told me they were the fastest bike out next to the CB900F... and I walked out without one. ::) worth a small fortune today.

Back
Top Bottom