www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

QUESTIONS ABOUT THE SITE? TROUBLE REGISTERING? ADMIN@DOTHETON.COM

Author Topic: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build  (Read 20225 times)

Offline Popeye SXM

• Also used for MX
Re: 75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #400 on: Jul 17, 2018, 13:27:59 »
They can break, but usually only with abuse

Offline Cursh

• Loves Stock Airboxes
    • Bad Craft
« Reply #401 on: Jul 17, 2018, 14:28:00 »
I honestly think all you are doing is removing material that isnít being used for strength at all. The ribs at the outside are doing most of the heavy lifting (where the sawtooth marks are) and they are held parallel by the top brace left over after machining.

If you look at the failure point on the example in the last post, It doesnít look like the break line is an area where youíre interested in removing material. Thatís a good sign too.
If you see me f**cking up it's because I have no idea what I'm doing. You can either tell me I'm fucking up or watch me find out on my own. Both are appreciated.

75 CB360 project.
1984 Honda Ascot (water-cooled paper weight)
73 MGB
Bicycle enthusiast.
www.instagram.com/cursh

Online irk miller

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
  • You've been mostly-dead all day.
75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #402 on: Jul 17, 2018, 17:49:14 »
Yeah... I think I'm picturing it now?

Crank turns the primary and outer basket and power is transferred to the main shaft through the plates and inner basket... right?
Exactly. When the plates engage, both inner and outer turn together.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #403 on: Jul 18, 2018, 17:13:19 »
First ride since the rebuild today. Unfortunately I could not for the life of me get my cheap Chinese knockoff grimeca master cylinder to bleed so I had to resort to a backup.

I started the day syncing carbs and bike responds great throttle now, quick revs up and down... I didnt rev it unloaded above 5k. Got it out in the road and did a couple of acceleration and deceleration on engine up to about 7k, then let it rest for a few and then back out for up to 9k runs. Gonna check clearances then do runs up to 11k tomorrow.

Gonna have to mess with some jetting, bike had good acceleration but there are two flat spots, one at 3k and one at 6k

Also thingsnot go so well when I forgot to put the front bolt in the brake stay and as I hit the rear brake it jammed the stay into the road and luckily I have a carbon fiber actuation rod so it ripped it apart instead of locking up the rear tire at speed. No problem.. both can be easily fixed and I'll have rear brakes again.

I love this bike!!!!!!!
'82 BMW R65LS
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline Sderbyshire

• Into Sailing, classic Triumph cars and motorbikes.
« Reply #404 on: Jul 18, 2018, 17:20:25 »
Looking good !

Offline Alex jb

75 CB360 - bad omen "yatagarasu" build
« Reply #405 on: Jul 18, 2018, 18:10:29 »
Top work, glad to see it out in the wild!

My little 175 may only have 15ish hp but I love riding the heck out of it, canít wait to get my new engine finished and in and (hopefully) 20+hp.
42 hp sounds like a lot of fun (as long as you have the tyres and brakes for it!

Offline pidjones

« Reply #406 on: Jul 18, 2018, 22:24:37 »
I had a rear brake lock up at speed on a TR6C chopper. NOT FUN! BTW, I think that color is perfect.
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline MiniatureNinja

« Reply #407 on: Today at 01:03:54 »
I had a rear brake lock up at speed on a TR6C chopper. NOT FUN! BTW, I think that color is perfect.

I talked to Isaac at Speedy Siegl Racing (where I got the brake stay from) and told him what happened, I assured him it wasn't his fault. But I told him because the brake stay actually jacked into the road, spiking the rear of the bike up before the drum housing rotated enough for it t be out of the way (also shattering my carbon fiber actuation rod)

the brake stay has some scuffs, but it's not bent, it's perfectly straight and this sucker is TOUGH! https://www.speedysieglracing.com/honda-parts/honda-cbcl-350-550-rear-brake-arm
super light weight, and in my humble opinion - they look 10x better than the other offerings out there
'82 BMW R65LS
'75 Honda CB360 - thread

Offline crazypj

• Split personality, I fake being smart
« Reply #408 on: Today at 21:48:53 »
Now you have exhaust on I can see your going to need larger secondary main jet. try a 120 instead of the 115 I fitted.  Because exhaust length becomes pretty critical you may need to get some 117.5 and 122.5 (never had one needing more than 125 even with short 'big bore' pipes) Have you adjusted fuel screw?  Try 3/4~1 turn out. Alternatively, try holding at rpm where your having a problem (3K first) kill motor without closing throttle and pull plugs to check colour. Do it again at 6K. It may be leaning off too much at 3K or reverse pulses from exhaust length could be causing problem? Pretty sure it's 'fixable' though
« Last Edit: Today at 21:50:59 by crazypj »
'you can take my word for it or argue until you find out I'm right'
Best thing I ever overheard
"yep, PJ's my boss, he taught me everything I know, just didn't teach me everything he knows"
Brian Morgan, 1982

CB360's,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11736.0
XS650,  http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=11922.0