Ypsilanti Bike night in Depot Town - 2013

moetrout

Been Around the Block
It's that time of year again. Bike night in Depot Town has started! Every Tuesday night. I've not been down yet, wanted to yesterday, but worked too late. Provided no rain I should be there next week on the 72 cb350f. If there is anyone that would like to take a ride before going on let me know and we arrange a meeting place. I am thinking a ride down Huron River Drive to Dexter and back would be cool! Anybody interested?

Went to bike night last night. Saw a lot of the same guys I talk to every week, got updates on what's been going on since last year. Saw an old friend Tom who came sneeking in on a electric motorcycle he built himself. At first I thought "this guy just coasted for a really looooong way". Then after he took off his helmet and I realized I knew him I asked why he "cut" his engine. He showed me his bike. He did an amazing job. From the outside you would not immediately know it's electric. The lack of gear shifter and tail pipe are some dead giveaways. I talked a while with Carl Knieper about a new high compression motor he is building for his cb350 twin. I hope to join him out at Milan Dragway when he is ready to race it. I'll probably race my own bike too! Any of you guys racing your bikes?

I rode in on 5/7 ... nice weather, but not a big crowd.

I'll try to ride in over the next 2 weeks weather permitting - black & red '85 Gpz/ZX

MJPriceisright and I are going to run down this week if anyone else can make it - Fix, I can bring those damned coils with me...

Rich,

I will be up there. I'll even buy a round of beers if you guys are up for it. I usually park right in front of the Cafe Racer shop and ride a red cb350f.

I'm going to try to get down there one Tuesday myself. Don't have a reliable bike, but whatever.

Worst cb650 ever said:
I'm going to try to get down there one Tuesday myself. Don't have a reliable bike, but whatever.

Maybe you need to switch to a red bike. They are more reliable you know! :p

He was there last Tuesday I can tell you that. The Arial that I like to always peak at was not!

Sounds like if it's ready to ride it'll be gone. We'll see!

moetrout said:
Maybe you need to switch to a red bike. They are more reliable you know! :p

I have a burgundy CB650 - is that close enough? ;D

There are red things on my bike and it breaks all the damn time

Rich Ard said:
There are red things on my bike and it breaks all the damn time

You obviously haven't made enough blood offerings to the cycle gods - my damn bikes are speckled with red, heh.

I Literally just came inside from cleaning blood and oil off the lift. Ha.

Rich Ard said:
I Literally just came inside from cleaning blood and oil off the lift. Ha.

lol, must have been a successful night then!

That's what I thought last night too ha ha. We'll see in the morning.

MJ bowed out so I'll see you fellas tomorrow presuming my dumb Virago makes it that far.

Back
Top Bottom