KZ750B wiring/ battery problem

Ridejohnnyride

I'm new to this forum and I could really use the help of some veterans. The goal is to simplify and minimize but it's gotten really frustrating lately. I'm using a new 4 cell 12V Antigravity Battery and it's been discharged to 8V without powering more than a toggle switch LED and a tail light. When I check the battery voltage with the switch OFF it reads 8V and with the switch ON it reads 0V. I've heard that you can actually jump these Li-Ion batteries using your car battery but I'm hesitant. I've also got a new reg/rec from Rick's Motorsports and the instructions say to wire the WHITE wire directly to the + terminal and GREEN to the -, but to me that seems like a constant drain. I know there are a lot of variables but hopefully someone can take a quick look and tell me I fucked something up.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 238
Have you drawn out a diagram of how you wired the bike? It would be a huge help for anybody trying to help you. Your battery voltage is way low. One other thing, unless your Reg/Rec is getting airflow over the fins, it'll get pretty warm. It needs to bleed excess voltage off as heat.

Thanks for the advice on the reg/rec, I had a feeling someone would make mention of that. I will draw up the wiring diagram when I get home from work. Any idea about the sudden voltage discharge or techniques on charging it back without damage?

I'm thinking you have a short to ground somewhere. Not sure on the charging setup. Send a pm to Sonreir , he's a whiz with electrical.

If the battery is 8V,then it's dead. Time for a new one. You can't save LI-ION. When they overdischarge, they eat up the copper anode inside the battery.

Get the gremlins worked out with a lead acid, then use the LI-ION when you know everything is correct.

Dont know if you found the source of the constant drain, but fyi the Ricks regulator/rectifier should be plug and play with your stock wiring. According to the wiring diagram, the green wire should be connected to the field coil. See attachment.

Attachments

• 4A4809FE-3022-4C05-99F4-1F7CA920DC97.jpeg
    4A4809FE-3022-4C05-99F4-1F7CA920DC97.jpeg
    593.8 KB · Views: 188
Back
Top Bottom