New member from Montreal, Canada- 1984 Honda CM450E

Twotone

Hey everyone. New to the forum. Just bought a 1984 Honda CM450E in July and began the transformation. Original owner with only 9700 km that sat in a shed for 10 years. Here is my progress so far...

Attachments

• P7190001.JPG
    P7190001.JPG
    3.7 MB · Views: 272
  • P7190004.JPG
    P7190004.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 283
  • Photo 2016-10-14, 2 01 55 PM.jpg
    Photo 2016-10-14, 2 01 55 PM.jpg
    4.2 MB · Views: 268
  • Photo 2016-10-14, 2 01 26 PM.jpg
    Photo 2016-10-14, 2 01 26 PM.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 269
Thanks! Next up is a little rear-end mod...chop the fender and install my LED strip tail light...probably do that over the winter while in storage.

Yep those tail lights are HUGE I had one of these as my first bike. Are you keeping the stock signals? Cops can give you guys in QC a lot of shit about non DOT lights.

I'll probably do a mod for a quick bolt on if I get pulled over as not only will the signals not be approved, I eliminate my three sided tail light reflectors as well...but I know quite a few people with these lights on their vintage bikes and so far they haven't had issues...but, something I considered as a "just in case" scenario to be sure my bike isn't grounded for days/weeks during the summer.

Cool, was just curious. you guys have it ruff in Le Belle province as bike riders, between dumb ass rules, prick cops and your insurance it kind of sucks.

The rules for new riders (with learners permit/license) is just the stupidest thing, the registration fees are ridiculously overpriced ($407 for 126cc-400cc, $567 for 401cc and over and $1306 for 401cc and over for sports bikes).... As for the cops, its actually not bad at all. They don't even look at us (knock on wood)... unless you're riding like an idiot or look like a Hell's...
My insurance choice was $125 oneway or $160 two-way.

Looks good man, welcome to DTT. To second what Maritime said, the seat looks really good. Great shape and color choice for that bike.

The registration fees are so high here in qc because they include an insurance premium which covers YOU in the event of an accident.
I have no idea what this insurance would cost in other provinces, but i've heard some horror stories...

Welcome aboard btw

My liability which covered me when I got hit by a deer here in NB is 400 a year, Bike was not covered at all as collision on a bike here is retarded, but I rebuilt the bike for less than 2K so I am ok with that. I think collision would have made it about 1K a year and with a 500 deductable I only had to add 500 to get the bike on the road, and since I have ridden it 4+ years the 600 I'd have paid would end up being more than fixing it myself.

And welcome as well, should have added that in my first post ;D

High fives from Montreal TwoTone, looks like I'm just down the road from you =)

Nice looking ride you got there, kudos on the work you've done so far and good luck on the rest of the build. I've been riding for 20 years but only on a provisional learner's license here in QC, man that thing sucks. Have to ride with someone else for the first year - I have done except once, and that one time I got busted. Luckily I smiled my way out of it and the lady cop took pity, gave me a ticket for not having my insurance papers on me instead of impounding the bike and giving me a ticket for a grand. Dodged a bullet there

Would love to know where you got the seat? I have the exact same bike that I'm going to start modding. Looks great.

Back
Top Bottom