Montreal Manchild with an '81 Honda CB750K

Pipes as wrong as Marmite. Agree that they would look good in a stain steel. I like the scotchbrite chrome suggestion above.

And Vegemite trumps Marmite any day of the week......

Carb #2 sprung a leak from the overflow - tried belting it with a well-aimed whack with a mallet and piece of 2x4 to no avail. So, steps were taken.

Removed the bowl and float from carb 1 to get better access to #2, but turns out there still wasn't enough room to access the three little float bowl screws. So off came the starter motor cover, still not enough. Pulled the side engine casing and the starter motor and then just had enough room to get access to the float bowl screws (although the screw crammed up next to the idle mixture screw took over an hour). Pulled the floats and needles, gave them a good clean and reassembled everything in time for me and mate to get the cb and the klr out for a belt around the F1 circuit.

r9GEcCN.jpg

A bit of a bugger to access, but gettable.

My mate was riding behind me and noticed a very slight wobble in the rear wheel. I've never noticed it while riding the bike. Could this be caused by a slightly off-centre bearing? Spokes not quite trued?

Out of true or bent rim. You'll notice it less on the rear than you would on the front from my experience.

Doubt it. I had a wheel bent on the gl and road tbe cabbot trail never feeling it at all but everyone told me it was freaky wobbly. I got ond of the guys tonride it and saw it. Looked terrible but be could t feel it eithe r. It was .001 mm out of acceptable round but I swapped it. I bet a spoke losened up on you a d that made it wobble

Cool - I'll pull the wheel and re-check and true the spokes again once the season ends. Truth be told I really want to put a wider, beefier rim and tire set-up out back so maybe that would be a good time to revisit that idea. Anyone know what bigger size rim I can fit onto the existing hub? I know there's plenty of room inside the swingarm in terms of clearances, but I'm not sure what the limits are when it comes to spokes and the like.

Ah I see it now. The picture I was looking at was blocked by the aftermarket brake reservoir.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom