New Member - Canberra Aus GSX1100

HDJ80

I have just joined and already have gotten some good ideas on how to approuch my build with a 1981 GSX1100. well I have a 81 and a 84 GSX1100 and a spare 81 frame that I am using for the build, the 84 engine is getting the G-Box rebuilt and the 81 Engine needs a head gasket which I'll do later on. so I am pulling 2 bikes into one and using the best bits. But I can see myself building the second one up later...

Anyway I'll post some pics when I think I am far enough through to be of interest.

G'day, welcome to the site'from down Melbourne way
I used to have an 81 GSX11 and i'm guessing the first thing you'll be doing is getting rid of the hideous headlight. I ended up using an avon replica fairing with round light and a genuine CB1100R Kevlar single seat on mine. it had a paint job copied off mick doohans helmet design. didn't make it any more comfortable but a lot easier on the eye
with the fairing and tucked in position of the seat it did an indicated 250kmh on the hume a couple of times...ah, the good old days when you could do stupid things like that and be fairly confident of getting away with it. I don't dare go over 220 these days

spotty said:
G'day, welcome to the site'from down Melbourne way
I used to have an 81 GSX11 and i'm guessing the first thing you'll be doing is getting rid of the hideous headlight. I ended up using an avon replica fairing with round light and a genuine CB1100R Kevlar single seat on mine. it had a paint job copied off mick doohans helmet design. didn't make it any more comfortable but a lot easier on the eye
with the fairing and tucked in position of the seat it did an indicated 250kmh on the hume a couple of times...ah, the good old days when you could do stupid things like that and be fairly confident of getting away with it. I don't dare go over 220 these days
250kph bloody hell, well I won't be telling my mrs that .

This bike is staying naked and will be a commuter with an occasional club run. I have not joined a club run yet as I want a proper cafe racer before I do. My other bike is a 2015 Ducati Scrambler Classic and I love it such a good looking bike and a truly ideal commuter around Canberra. The GSX is going to be jyst a different kind of fun.. here are some pics from yesterday's efforts, nearly ready to paint the frame.
Just making the seat and frame chopped was a big job but I am pretty happy how it has turned out.. that is about it for mods the rest is pretty much clean and paint. Oh and wiring
f2eaf59e05e0ac5ccc2f71f2434e81a2.jpg
764692542a233717f37a475a8cfad45c.jpg
127050141f8809586aab4a95d2877fd5.jpg
c63844ecc1ef1e1d7dc0f1ad782db6a0.jpg
a2b50c9ce7dbc2416a2a9abff99dbc32.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

what are those tailights off ? they look cool as fuck, like little afterburners on a jet fighter, can you do a lit up photo at night ?

Back
Top Bottom