Doctor Funk, or, the strangest CT90 you've ever seen

I trimmed and connected the throttle cable last night. The outer jacket on the existing cable is in 2 pieces held together by some electrical tape (lol, sounds about right) so I need to run a different cable eventually - the throttle doesn't snap shut due to binding somewhere along the way. Its short enough that I should be able to put a new jacket on the inner cable and hopefully fixes my issue.

Gave it a few kicks last night but I think my timing is off from when I pulled the top end.

Did some research and it looks like with the stock carb and 54mm kit I will need to be at about an #80 on the main jet. Can't find these jets anywhere so I'm going to have it drilled.

Got this thing running again on the stock carb. It runs pretty good, had to back the idle screw out ~2 turns to get it to idle right without dying.

I'm still hearing a terrible knock when I get it into 3rd gear in the High range on the transmission, and there's basically nothing over 3/4 throttle. Even if I choke it at WOT it doesn't balance out, so I don't think its running too lean. Seems to pull ok through the gears in Low range, but if I crack the throttle going uphill or anything other than flat I get that ugly knocking sound. Any ideas?

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Back
Top Bottom