www.jadusmotorcycleparts.com

www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: Because I don't have enough to do, building new frame for my Ducati.  (Read 2865 times)

Offline Alex jb

Sounds good, why the crosser hubs?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
Long story short, i picked up excel 182.15 rims new for 70 each that were drilled of them. I will end up with the hubs, rotors, spokes, and rims, costing only 500.

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
I have to take photos of everything and put it up here. Heres the rims with the rear laced. I ordered matching spokes for the front wheel, will have that laced next week. Im going to be making a big push on a different bike next week, but i will at least get everything layed out for this one. The real fun doesnt happen til the jig gets here.

Offline tattoo

Nice looking bits there!!

Question (and I'm no expert...it's just cause lacing wheels is front of mind as I recently did mine...):
There's an interesting looking spoke pattern in your laced wheel?   As my eye goes 'round the rim, appears that there's a pair of spokes that cross near the rim, then a pair that don't, followed by pair that do, and so on ...     Interesting, is all.....

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
Both sets cross, just at different points, i really didnt pay attention when i did it, just put them where they line up lol.  A more fun thing to ask about is how i tune the pitch of the spokes to true them. ;D

Offline tattoo

K.  I'll bite.....with a guitar tuner?

Offline jag767

• DTT BOTM WINNER
    • Kinesis Moto
Heh, i do it by ear actually. Once I have everything torqued i tap each spoke and check the sound. Getting the pitch right usually gets the wheels true, minus a couple of tweeks. Ive had it put it perfectly true on more than once occasion. Ive thought about figuring out the note and using a digital tuner, but i usually just use one spoke as a reference.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
I usually tune my spokes to an Em6 chord.  I know that some tune to a D Maj bar chord but these heavy metal chords lead to too much unsprung weight.
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650

Offline tattoo

ya.....and although most wouldn't fret much about it, ya also run the risk of getting a flat if you hit anything sharp.

Offline CrabsAndCylinders

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • Careful With That Axe Eugene
ya.....and although most wouldn't fret much about it, ya also run the risk of getting a flat if you hit anything sharp.

:) :) :)
Lighter, Quicker, Faster.
ZX-14, 900F x 2, 1100F, R100, CBR600, SR500, GT500, RZ350, KZ1000 x 2, Moto Guzzi Lemans lll, CBX550, RD 350, 750 SOHC police special, RG250, TL1000R, GT750, KTM Super Duke 1290 R, Harris/Z-1, Norton 750 Commando, Green 77 KZ650