www.bisonmotorsports.com

www.speedmotoco.com

www.lostapostlejewelry.com

www.cognitomoto.com

www.sparckmoto.com

www.Moto-Madness.com

www.pistonsociety.com

www.steeltowngarage.com

Author Topic: 1979 Suzuki GS750 - Trying something different (for me)  (Read 1470 times)

Offline GS750JON

Re: 1979 Suzuki GS750 - Trying something different (for me)
« Reply #10 on: Jan 11, 2018, 23:52:45 »
Has been a bit cold in the garage again to get much more done on the bike, but figured Id post a few more pics to keep people interested. The seat is still just resting on the bike, not mounted yet.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

« Reply #11 on: Apr 30, 2018, 08:42:13 »
I'm into the brown seat, looks boss.

Sent from my A1601 using DO THE TON mobile app

Online pidjones

« Reply #12 on: May 19, 2018, 12:56:55 »
I like the chrome exhaust better. Many colors go well with brown - dark green (what I'm using on my present build), red.      Back and blue probably not so much.
"Love 'em all.... Let God sort 'em out!"

Offline teazer

• DTT SUPPORTER
  • DTT BOTM WINNER
« Reply #13 on: May 19, 2018, 16:08:19 »
I'm not picking on GS750Jon here - just a general gripe.

AFAIK, only one bike in history came stock with a brown seat - in my time at least - and that was the much hated CB500T.  We all thought it was ugly and that seats are supposed to be black. They did not sell well and languished in showrooms for ages - deservedly so IMHO.

Now lots of people fit brown seats on their bikes and to my eyes the color combination just does not work. And why do people want to fit barely padded flat planks instead of seats.  That's going back to the days of horse drawn buggies. A seat has to provide support and comfort.  Yes, I know that people say that they don't ride far, but why fit a seat that basically ensures that the bike rarely gets ridden for long?

I get that it's some sort of fashion and there is no logic to fashion, but surely we can do better.