CB100 rebuild

thewizz

G'day all,
I was looking for an excuse to spend time in my garage drinking coffee/beer and swearing at things, so I bought this little old bike and rebuilt it. No real mods to speak of, just the zen of reassembling clean parts and tuning it in!

Attachments

• 006642.JPG
    006642.JPG
    227.8 KB · Views: 538
When I first checked the oil filter/screen, I found a gear tooth sitting in among the muck! After pulling the case apart, I found the culprit.

Attachments

• IMG_1159.JPG
    IMG_1159.JPG
    36.3 KB · Views: 547
I wanted to make this image before all of these great old components were hidden again in the oily darkness. I hope I don't see most of them again too soon.

Attachments

• bw engine parts.jpg
    bw engine parts.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 555
An Australian-delivered bike with 'km/h' markings on the speedo. Minimal wear on the engine after 11k km. Only one thrust washer replaced due to some wear, plus new oil seals and gaskets, and the idler gear with the broken teeth. Luckily no other components were damaged when the teeth broke loose.

Attachments

• IMG_6644.JPG
    IMG_6644.JPG
    99.1 KB · Views: 555
I had the frame sand-blasted and powder-coated. Couldn't face trying to clean/paint it myself. Paint on the tank is original and to my eye has just the right amount of patina.

Attachments

• IMG_6645.JPG
    IMG_6645.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 550
No plans to modify this little bike. The dimensions are too small for rear-sets and clip-ons. Runs well with the stock air-box and jets, and everything works for me on 6v.

thewizz said:
No plans to modify this little bike. The dimensions are too small for rear-sets and clip-ons. Runs well with the stock air-box and jets, and everything works for me on 6v.

I hear what you are saying, and raise you a modified CB100, VStack, 12v conversion, lowrise bars

Your turn ;D ;D ;D ;D

index.php

index.php

Great looking bikes guys........................really wish I wasn't so darn lazy.

Got one out from under a tree, built it till it ran, it peed too much gas and the kick shaft stripped, so now sitting under a cover in the storage shed.

Back
Top Bottom