Tokyo Expat back in the UK with a couple of old Zeds that require butchering

TokyoElbow

Hi guys,
Was introduced to this lovely place by an old mate of mine who goes under the moniker The Jimbonaut.
He suggested I come here to get some advice as I know sweet F-all about bikes but am eager to tinker.
I've got 2 old z750s that need work on so what better to place to start than at Do the Ton!!

I was living in Japan from 95 and returned back 3 years ago.
(Met the Jimbonaut on my travels back in 95, Thailand, Hong Kong and Japan)
I'm now in Farnborough, Hampshire working as a paint sprayer and powder coater for a sign and display company and we have a bikers wet dream of a workshop here so I'm hoping to be able to use a lot of the gear here to fix up the bikes. (The laser cutter has my name on it for starters ;D )

I'm currently riding the green one (1978) I bought it like this and added a decent exhaust and higher bars.
The Blue one is 1980 that I haven't touched yet, got it for a song on eBay while bidding for the green one...didn't think I would win the bid and did so hence got 2 now!! :)

The scooter is a Yamaha Majesty 400, my workhorse plus had one in Japan so it's a bit of nostalgia for me too.

Hoping to hook up with locals and also get some advice when I start stripping the green one down for a good clean up.

Cheers

Elbow

Welcome Elbow from the Maritimes, I met Jim last Sept in MTL on a trip I did. Stand up guy. We'll help in anyway we can even if just moral support LOL. Those two KZ's look pretty good to start, can't wait to see what you do with them.

Cheers

Maritime

Thanks for the welcome,
Haven't seen Jimbo since we hooked up in London many years ago while I was on a trip back, his bro is up the road so I get to see his ugly mug instead... ;)

There goes the neighbourhood

Good to have you here Elbow - I for one will probably be as much help as a chocolate fireman but will enjoy watching as the butchering unfolds

Love the zeds mate, but the burgundy beast needs clip on bars and bar end mirrors, pronto.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

TokyoElbow said:
Thanks for the welcome,
Haven't seen Jimbo since we hooked up in London many years ago while I was on a trip back, his bro is up the road so I get to see his ugly mug instead... ;)
Ugly as a blind cobbler’s thumb

Love having some fellow artists and craftsmen aboard. I've often wondered if I'm the only one.

The burgundy is getting ape hangers and a banana seat, no mirrors just tassles. Gercha!
The Jimbonaut said:
There goes the neighbourhood

Good to have you here Elbow - I for one will probably be as much help as a chocolate fireman but will enjoy watching as the butchering unfolds

Love the zeds mate, but the burgundy beast needs clip on bars and bar end mirrors, pronto.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom