KZ400 Right Hand Control replacement issues.

fiuteior

Ran into a stupid problem I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction around. I am slowly cleaning up a beater KZ400 and recently bought some new handlebar controls to replace the old trashed ones (https://www.dimecitycycles.com/k-s-vintage-style-handlebar-switch-control-chrome-fits-7-8-handlebars.html ). The main issue is that the current throttle cable has a threaded metal bent sheath that is supposed to screw into the control body. The above replacement control (and all non-stock controls I have seen) does not have a threaded hole for the sheath, just a slightly smaller smooth hole. I have been digging all over and can't seem to find what kind of replacement cable I should be using with this new control or if I have to replace the whole throttle assembly as well. Hoping someone here has had some experience with this one. Even though this isn't an electrical issue, I figured as it related to the control replacement this would be the best home.

Thanks!

Hey I'm another DTT noob with a similar problem, except my Honda has twin push/pull throttle cables and the aftermarket switch clusters all seem to be for single cables.
In your case I would think you can cut your own threads into the hole using a tap. Google "tap and die" if you're not familiar with that tool. You'll want to use an M10 size tap. Hope you can get your switchgear sorted with minimal hassle!

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom