Baja Yaris - for shits and giggles

Alright. I got some more info and work done. Also thanks to some dudes on Yaris world I got a site to check how the tires and wheels will fit. So the first 2 pics are the solution to the over compression of the top mount (I hope) CRV bump stops I had from strut rebuilds. last pic is the steel wheel and current tire overlaid with the alloy wheel and new tires. gives me measurements to build a cardboad and foam wheel tire to stick in the wheel well.

Attachments

• IMG_20190326_180820706.jpg
    IMG_20190326_180820706.jpg
    123.3 KB · Views: 447
  • IMG_20190326_180832986.jpg
    IMG_20190326_180832986.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 442
  • wheelimage.php.gif
    wheelimage.php.gif
    6.4 KB · Views: 449
Looks like you are going to need a Speedo corrector with that much of a size change.

It only matters at highway and I can remember 110 = 100 indicated KPH and 120 is 110 Indicated and the other speeds are close enough. Now I will put 10% less on he odometer every year though ;D

I will have to get used to the new weights. old tire/wheel is 16+18lbs = 34. new is 29+15 = 44 10lbs per will be noticed in acceleration and braking for sure.

pidjones said:
Make sure tbey are VERY well balanced, too!

Yes. I'm buying from my trusted shop that always do a good job on that, been using them for tires and repairs I can't do in my own shop for 10+ years.

Yep. the alternator shit the bed so she's laid up until Rockauto gets my new one too me. The regulator went and it started randomly loosing power steering, DRL and other shit. The battery was charging just fine but all the sensitive electrics were acting up. Pulled it and the rotor and brushes were almost completely gone. Later this week I really hope to lift the front and see if my fix worked. Then it's sell the winter tires and wheels and buy the AT's

Well lift version 2.0 is in and seems good. I'll drive it for a few days to be sure, Next I need to find a used tire in the same or close to same size to try mounting and check for clearance etc. there was a full 1.5" after the lift was installed and waiting to see if there is any settling etc. Only thing I notice is the steering is a little heavier but not bad really, I actually prefer it now as before the electric assist was too much, now it seems better. I can actually feel the height change sitting in the car too which could just be in my head LOL.
1732-100519070123.jpeg

Looks good. You might need to cut a bit of the front inner guard and bumper as well as the back outside of the wheel well. Had to do it a few times on 4x4s. Not so much the tyre fitting but turning while suspension is compressed.

Brodie said:
Looks good. You might need to cut a bit of the front inner guard and bumper as well as the back outside of the wheel well. Had to do it a few times on 4x4s. Not so much the tyre fitting but turning while suspension is compressed.

yep, I will do that and install flares if need be.

I want to get a 27" tire installed on one wheel to put it on, jack it up, compress suspension with another jack then turn the wheel etc to make sure it's ok, trim what needs to be then put some flares to finish the look. I'm going to run the summer tires till they are done. there is only 2/32 left on 2 and 3/32 on the other 2 so I will get most of the summer and maybe a little of the fall then the AT's can go on for Winter.

So current tires are 23.5" Diameter the new ones are 26.9" so I will need 1.7" clearance and I think I have that with the lift. Section width isn't crazy change. It is new 8.6" old 7.4" so 1.2"/2 = .51" should be ok in the wheel wells for that if I pull the plastic liner out which I only have part of one.

Back
Top Bottom