Cb750f tank badge repair.

Rydog400f

Been Around the Block
The PO cut the tab the badge goes on to. Anyone have any experience fixing this?

Attachments

• IMAG2549.jpg
    IMAG2549.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 249
Either fabricate a new bracket with some weld nuts on the back and weld it in place on the tank, or fasten your badge on there with some automotive grade double stick tape.

Fix the hole with 3M bondo, buy some new Honda badges (the round ones, like you see on those newer Honda bikes) and glue it on. It will look awesome.

I picked up some HONDA badges for my GL1000 years ago on eBay. My shelter sides were filled in and painted smooth. When I finally got the paint right, I placed some painter's tape on the tank to mark for positioning and level, then put 3M VHB double-sided trim tape on the back of them and trimmed any excess off with X-acto knife and straight-edge razor blade. Ended up looking great, and surprisingly the tape is so strong that it smooths out places where the curvature didn't initially match.

Another vote to fill in and use tape/glue. The good stuff is pretty tough to beat. Just make sure it's rated for gas/oil if you're as bad at filling up as I am

Back
Top Bottom