1981 Honda trail 110 high idle

Toddlaningham

Help!!! I have a 1981 Honda ct trail 110. Kicks first try choaked then it idles super high when choke is released. If I try bringing the idle screw down to where it should be it bogs down and dies. Thanks!!!

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

I'm betting on a clogged pilot jet or a vacuum leak at the intake manifold somewhere.

First, make sure your throttle cable isn't binding up anywhere and the slide in the carb is returning all the way when the throttle is released.

I'd start with a good thorough carb cleaning, disassemble, remove all the brass carefully, soak/clean with carb cleaner and blow everything out with compressed air. Reassemble and make sure your float height etc are set per the manual.

If its still idling high then get some carb cleaner or starting fluid, and spray it all around the intake manifold, listening for either a surge in RPMs or a drop.

advCo said:
I'm betting on a clogged pilot jet or a vacuum leak at the intake manifold somewhere.

First, make sure your throttle cable isn't binding up anywhere and the slide in the carb is returning all the way when the throttle is released.

I'd start with a good thorough carb cleaning, disassemble, remove all the brass carefully, soak/clean with carb cleaner and blow everything out with compressed air. Reassemble and make sure your float height etc are set per the manual.

If its still idling high then get some carb cleaner or starting fluid, and spray it all around the intake manifold, listening for either a surge in RPMs or a drop.
Thank you so much

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

if its a yellow one clean the carb in a ultrasonic cleaner

if its red sell it to me i will fix it im short one red 81 to have a full set

Back
Top Bottom