triton...... same but different.

laurapromdress005.jpg
Picture127.jpg
ducati-5.jpg

rear brake vents used on bikes i built in the past...all have inlet scoops that are hard to see in a few photos
joe
www.joesvcycle.net
www.joesvcycle.wordpress.com

DSC00518_zpsae93ea70.jpg

high temp silver soldered scoop and then cut/drilled all holes to allow air in/out of brake....ready for powder coating.

DSC00520_zps3499f8c9.jpg

removed heavy corrosion and pitting from nuts then drilled them along with the hub for safety wire.......

Safety wire, you must be an airline mechanic or own a Triton (or both)...

Re: Re: triton...... same but different.

swan said:
Safety wire, you must be an airline mechanic or own a Triton (or both)...

HA

i have a few robbinson's similar to those and a couple other types too..A&P tech retired -27 years in heavy aircraft (NWA) and p&w engines. but i appreciate it anyhow...
if you want those to work better add a bearing to the end so it spins easier when pushing on the bottom.
joe

joea said:
i have a few robbinson's similar to those and a couple other types too..A&P tech retired -27 years in heavy aircraft (NWA) and p&w engines. but i appreciate it anyhow...
if you want those to work better add a bearing to the end so it spins easier when pushing on the bottom.
joe

That's cool, I'm in A&P school right now. I just learned how to safety wire a couple of weeks ago.

Cool! I knew about them from my Aircraft Maintenance days. I should have got my A&P cert right after I got out of the Military... 6 years as a F-4 then F-16 Crew Chief.
Another nifty trick is to fill the cavity on the opposite side of the cutters with silicone, then once it hardens, slit it with a razorblade along the hinge line. That way it holds the cut pieces of wire instead of shooting them across the tarmac.

joea: Did I see you on britbike.com while I was posting a question on my BSA build?

hoosier, yes britbike.com member.
DSC00604_zps3043d394.jpg

here is the bearing on the end to aid in return. the middle twister is for tight areas and the modified screw driver actually had a pratt and whitney part number used in hot sections when using inconel wire which is a real bitch compared to s/steel. the cable is a modern safety wire(cable) that is used with a special tool that crimps a shop end on one end. set of dykes with silicon added so when cutting wire no strays end up where they shouldn't...

DSC00580_zps97701cdc.jpg
DSC00593_zps4c5b6e8b.jpg
DSC00600_zpsd0960501.jpg
DSC00597_zpsb5ede826.jpg
DSC00602_zpsfbab402a.jpg

a few photo's of headlight bracket fabrication. made out of .625 diameter mild steel.
spot facing lower triple clamps for spacers since there is not enough space for drilled tabs.

DSC00578_zps73ba2446.jpg

left rear sets done except for hanger needing trimmed, hole welded shut and stiffener added.

Back
Top Bottom