Kartoon Korner!

Cartoonist Pia Guerra:

Attachments

• feis.JPG
    feis.JPG
    86.3 KB · Views: 200
Actually Your foreign policies are much worse. We do not enjoy MENA fugitives flooding europe because of Your oil wars.

Ask them to turn down Fox and Friends a.k.a. his daily briefing before golf.

teazer said:
Ask them to turn down Fox and Friends a.k.a. his daily briefing before golf.

seams more like CNN propaganda. Unfortunately basing your social views on opinion pieces is quite the norm for Americans

I like when normal human behavior gets passed off as "American". See: tribalism.

irk miller said:
I like when normal human behavior gets passed off as "American". See: tribalism.

i've been to 13 countries - letting an 'anchor' tell you when to be angry is pretty much an American thing

MiniatureNinja said:
i've been to 13 countries - letting an 'anchor' tell you when to be angry is pretty much an American thing
Funny, so Brexit must be an American thing. Anti-Kabila marches in Congo must be American, too. Far-right French flipping out on social media over a mixed race Joan of Arc riding through Orléans in their annual celebration is an American thing, too. Right. You've been to 13 countries, though. You know way more than we ever could.

MiniatureNinja said:
seams more like CNN propaganda. Unfortunately basing your social views on opinion pieces is quite the norm for Americans

Eh? I don't much base my views on CNN or MSNC or FOX or any other station that sells opinions as if they were facts.

As for Trump watching F & F. His tweets correlate to opinions being expressed on that show and often tweeted within 2 minutes of an item on F&F. As for golf, he decried the previous President for playing too much golf and yet has spent way more time on the golf links than 44.

What is it that you actually object to in that last post? Facts are facts. No alternative facts (a.k.a. lies) please. The man is a bully and Rex Tillerson named him better than most of us could.

https://www.cafepress.com/mf/109389363/universe-is-made-of-protons-neutrons-and-morons_tshirt?productId=21787566

And by the way, who said I was American? Me thinks the Ninjette doth assume too much - to misquote Willy Shake.

irk miller said:
Funny, so Brexit must be an American thing. Anti-Kabila marches in Congo must be American, too. Far-right French flipping out on social media over a mixed race Joan of Arc riding through Orléans in their annual celebration is an American thing, too. Right. You've been to 13 countries, though. You know way more than we ever could.

I didn't say social movements were American only - what I meant to convey was that for the most part - basing your views on a single source of media (that is obviously biased) is a pretty typical American behavior. Never once in Taiwan did I hear someone tell me "man did you hear what fox said last night?" or anything similar. In New Zealand I did... that's another pretty hip country.

and Teazer... i wasn't referring to you, sorry that I did not make that clear - Carry On

Im bouncing out of this thread - should be cartoons right?

I wish someone would source where they get their information. Pew offers the data. It's not what you think it is.

http://www.journalism.org/2016/07/07/the-modern-news-consumer/

Interesting data. Look at the age distribution and I wonder if that has changed markedly in the last two years since that was published. I'm not sure what that says about me. I watch TV news, listen in the car and read online.

I do find it hard to get unbiased reporting of the news though. On our first trip to China I was surprised to see that CCTV9 presented a more balanced view of American news than I can easily find in the US. That doesn't mean that they report everything or that they always do it without their own political bias, but generally news on the US was pretty much balanced and fact based rather than with a heavy interpretation (spin).

My first real wake up call on news was when I was commuting between the US and Australia every couple of weeks. I watched news in each country and some things were interesting. This was back at the time of the Gulf War. There was an interview on CNN or HLN or something and in interviews with the average man or woman in the street about why the US was in Iraq and the answer was always to bring Freedom. Not to get their oil. Back in Aus a similar interview on ABC I think, similar people said it was all about getting the oil.

Obviously each channel had selected those interviews to support the channel's perspective or what they thought their audience wanted to hear. It was eye opening.

I fear Fox News is getting to the point of out right insanity. Trump proved we had far more bigoted citizens than even the KKK believed. Uranium One, Obama has done nothing to confront the Russians over their election meddling, yet Trump won't impose the sanctions. It really looks like they do have something incriminating, like a hooker video or worse. Hannity is assaulting the judicial system non stop. Every government agency is corrupt except Trump's administration.

Attachments

• gun control.png
    gun control.png
    259 KB · Views: 439
  • after school.jpg
    after school.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 215
  • armed teacher.jpg
    armed teacher.jpg
    108.1 KB · Views: 463
  • abortion.png
    abortion.png