1970 Yamaha CT175 - Street Tracker - SOLD

adriannarnold

Coast to Coast
Just picked up this little guy today. It runs great already and should be a fun little minimal project. In surprisingly good condition. Chrome looks great. The previous two owners did a decent amount of restoration, some good quality, and some kind of retarded. A few electrical issues to sort out, but not nearly as involved as my first project hahah. Not sure exactly what I have planned for this guy yet. Leaning towards a simple street tracker probably.

978e22fb.jpg

1a30d644.jpg

Re: 1970 Yamaha CT175 - Street Tracker

Those stripes look really nice. Love the cream colored tank. I was seriously contemplating cream for this bike. I am also looking for some handlebars just like those.

Ohw man, great little bike! Keep the bars, i love em! besides, if you want to make a tracker out of it, the bars are fine as is.

I agree, keep the bars. I got my drags from motorcycle superstore though. The color of my 125 is actually the same color that Mini uses on their yellow Coopers. It's just a very classic yellow. Whatever you do, keep the stripes!

I did some work yesterday. Went through all the electrical and Got everything working except the horn, but I think I know the problem. Also need a new taillight bulb. One of the filaments is burned out. I managed to lower the gauges about an inch just by flipping the mounting bracket upside down. Installed a nice brand new shiny tachometer. I also swapped out the bars for some other tracker bars. They are almost identical, but the angle is just slightly flatter. Much better IMHO.

I think whats next is paint the hubs and spokes. The chrome is near perfect, so that won't be touched. I also ordered some nice little levers for the clutch and brake. The ones on there are pretty uncomfortable. Trying to do as little as possible, but I tend to get carried away.

Well, I got some work done yesterday and today. Painted the spokes and hubs black. Got all electrical working and 100%. Installed the new clutch and brake levers, and put some better tracker bars on.

1_15.jpg

1_16.jpg

1_18.jpg

1_19.jpg
1_17-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom