Shift knobs

Speedfiend

Coast to Coast
I make these, mostly to amuse myself at work. The masters are carved from modeling clay. Then I make a silicone mold, and cast the parts from resin. then hand paint. I'm not trying to sell them. I make them for friends. just wanted to show you guys.
100_2771.jpg

100_2769.jpg

100_2767.jpg

100_2765.jpg

100_2735.jpg

I working on a few other designs. Trying to not do skulls. I'm finishing up my classic monsters with a Mummy and a Boobarella.

Man, I so want your job!!! The punisher skull one rocks. I could play in that stuff all day, guess that would be hard to do real work then. If you get bored one day, try a punisher skull with a "13" worked into his teeth. Just happens to be the theme of my 1966 Chevy C-10 truck. Also, love the icon art you have by your name. I just got a misfits skull tattoo, with a "13" worked into it. Another random hobby, "13" tattoos. lol.

Nice shift knobs. Pretty cool indeed. By the way...

I happened to be looking through my back issues of "the Horse" and came across the Sept. 09 issue. Nice bike. ;)

Thanks guys.

Von, yeah that was me. Its was kinda cool to get a feature article. But I didn't love how they handled it.

Xratt, what color is your C-dime?

I thought I saw these somewhere, I really dig them, as said on that other forum.

Right now its Blue and White classic. Putting black wheels on it soon, well matching black wheels. Just bought a new rear end to get 5 lug all around. Super fun ride.

Attachments

• larry and truck3-31-2011 small.JPG
    larry and truck3-31-2011 small.JPG
    387.5 KB · Views: 289
xratt said:
Right now its Blue and White classic. Putting black wheels on it soon, well matching black wheels. Just bought a new rear end to get 5 lug all around. Super fun ride.

Damn, I knew it'd be blue. Thats the one color pigment I don't have right now. Shucks.

Nice truck! Is it bagged?
I've got an 84 C-10 and a 62 Galaxie. I'll post up some pics.

yes, the C-10 is bagged. Lays on its frame and cross member. Did lots of work to get it that low. Was kicking around the idea of painting it black and orange. Then it will match my fixed gear bicycle. lol.

One day I would like to upgrade to a 1960-66 Suburban. More room, but pretty hard to find.

Post pick of your Galaxy. I dig any car/truck from the 60's. I have owned a bunch.

Pretty cool man! That skull with the pudding bowl would look good on a jockey shift cafe. Not saying it's advisable, but it would look rad though. Do you sell these?

thanks!

The only reason that I haven't tried to sell them is cause I can't figure a good way to make them universal fit. Some of the ones on egay are just cast resin(like mine) with a pilot hole. And your instructed to drill and tap for your application. That seems a little hokey to me.

I can cast them with a T-nut modeled in, but I need to know what size thread. I could make them all course thead 3/8 and supply an inside/outside thread adapter. But I can't get the thread adapters in packs of less than 100.

If you'd like one, let me know what size thread and desired color. I guess it be about $20

have you thought about a rubber strip and a grub screw for universal applications?

I will double check the threads on my hurst shifter. It's pretty standard because I bought a PBR draft pull off ebay and it threaded right on.

pawn said:
have you thought about a rubber strip and a grub screw for universal applications?

Yeah, I thought about that. Thats how they are at the auto parts store. I just don't know that they'd feel as rock solid as I'd like.
I think I'd prefer to just keep making them one at time. If anyone would like one PM me. Tell me your size and color and I'll make one special for ya.

Back
Top Bottom