XV920 Doc Chops VS Kott

2 would be my second choice. I think 3 looks better on 2-up seat bikes (like the classified moto bikes)

I forgot you are considering 2-up... In which case 3 could look great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Another option is something like 3, but stacked vertically, you could add a custom body panel that goes with the tank, plus you have a place for wiring, switches, speedo/rev counter.

J-Man said:
Another option is something like 3, but stacked vertically, you could add a custom body panel that goes with the tank, plus you have a place for wiring, switches, speedo/rev counter.

I thought about that J Man, thats what I thought #2 was accomplishing.

I think I will make some mock ups and see what feels best in person! :)

On a new note, I am picking up alot of the paint tonight. And I found that one of my buddies has a glass bead blaster, so I am having him blast the heads and jugs (heh heh jugs). With the paint I can get odds and ends done like rims, engine brackets, swing arm, and such.

dakota.morgan91 said:
I thought about that J Man, thats what I thought #2 was accomplishing.
But I'm not a fan of the big plastic housing, it's too much street, not enough race.

Finished painting the engine mounts and frame last night. Also have the Jugs about half done, then on to the heads and bottom end. Here is a pic of one of the mounds. this translucent anodized red is going to contrast great with the black frame, and champagne tank.

As for the headlight, I have decided on #1.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 273
Finished the cylinder jugs! :) very happy with the results.

curious what you guys think, should I shave the edges of the fins to have polished aluminum against the painted surfaces? kinda like you see on some harleys.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 279
the heads will be black with polished aluminum rocker covers and timing cover, and the bottom end will be black with polished aluminum accenting. just to put it into perspective.

Careful if you sand the fins. I tried it a couple days after shooting and it chipped the paint to shite, had to repaint. Ended up cheating and using paint marker ;D

Also if you're going for a unique look I do like your #3 headlight option, when its done right. And if you really wanna get unique, I've seen some pretty cool builds with two side-by-side with one bigger than the other.

adventurco said:
Careful if you sand the fins. I tried it a couple days after shooting and it chipped the paint to shite, had to repaint. Ended up cheating and using paint marker ;D

Also if you're going for a unique look I do like your #3 headlight option, when its done right. And if you really wanna get unique, I've seen some pretty cool builds with two side-by-side with one bigger than the other.

Yeah, I was thinking about using a fine wet sandpaper and taking it slow. I was thinking the coarser it is the easier to chip. Yeah I know what you are talking about, something like a bmw gs. that would be pretty cool. I really wanted something like the front of the ktm rc390, but i fear that is too street lol, I just like quirky designs

Got the jugs and heads finally painted, along with the motor mounts. Polishing the aluminum bits next, then refurbing the carbs, and reinstalling the engine back into the frame. After the fork rebuild ofcourse.

Attachments

• IMG_0580.JPG
    IMG_0580.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 236
I'm coming to the party late, but to add a suggestion concerning sanding the edges of the fins, I've attached a photo of a Virago I did a few years ago. Partial fin sanding turned out pretty well.

Attachments

• 2014-08-02 09.19.13.jpg
    2014-08-02 09.19.13.jpg
    161 KB · Views: 237
Back
Top Bottom