'83 CM450e brat tracker

I'm stoked on this build! Subscribed. My next bike will definitely be a CB of some kind! Or an XS650, if I can find one for a decent price.

'83 CM450e brat tracker

These have the dumbest sub frame. But like I said in my first post the CBs are few and far between around me. And all are waaaaaaaay over priced so I'll make do.

Hey that's my bike for the inspiration! sweet haha. Did a 450 also, the 350 tanks look great on them. Check it out in my sig.

'83 CM450e brat tracker

2.3efi said:
Hey that's my bike for the inspiration! sweet haha. Did a 450 also, the 350 tanks look great on them. Check it out in my sig.

Yeah. Ummm. Your 450 is what settled me on this tank hahaha. More specifically this pic. You sir do amazing work!

2u5a7adu.jpg

If I keep the bike for the entire summer without wanting to sell it I'll be chopping it's ass off and building a proper one. Today I was offered a F2 Cbr front end, it's conventional fork style. So now I'm wondering if I should just take it and do a GS500 swing arm an rear wheel.

Subscribed from the frozen snow covered wasteland that is... Cowtown.

Looking great so far!

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Looked at the forecast and it appears we are finally going to real this damn cold snap for a while :) last night leaving feed back for my signal lights I realized that 99% if my parts are here so I'm going to chuck the frame in the truck and bring it to work and get cutting. I'm going to do al the cutting and mock up myself. Then I'll tack everything and take it to my friend for final welding. I only have a flux and don't want to spend 10 hours grinding hahaha

So I finally bit the bullet and ordered tires...

I was going back and forth between K70's and BT-45's since the start and in the end after a lot of consideration of where i ride MOST of the time and how I like to ride MOST of the time i finally settled on the Shinko 712 :eek: hahahahaha yeah... here's why. The k70 only comes in a 4.00 for 18" wheels, im 18" front and rear, the K70 is shit on grooved concrete, my cities entire ring road is grooved concrete, the K70 shit above 65-70mph, I like to cruise at that sooooo... The BT-45 is an amazing tire all around but they cost more and the shinko's have great reviews...

I'm just going through the same rationale exercise on tires myself... I'm leaning towards the K70, but haven't made a final decision.

Did you buy on line or at your local shop?

online, got them from http://www.canadasmotorcycle.ca/ I get a lot from them, the prices are good and I always manage to hit free shipping hahaha

Ive never had much luck locally when it comes to ordering parts.

The K70 is by far the best looking tire of the bunch, that's all it had going for it and that only matters when you're parked at tim hortons riding the curb! Would it be better on gravel and sand patches? yeah but enough for me to deal with the negatives of the tire? I guess not because I bought something else hahaha

If this was nothing more then a fair weather bike i probably would have got them but i like to rip around and i'm convinced i can get this POS to do 100mph so the K70 just isnt the best tire for me

So I dragged a bunch of stuff to my work today and got half of what i wanted actually done hahaha... Gopro had an issue at some point and shut off but im going to get what i can from it.. I'm bad for remembering to take pics along the way but I did get a few.

first thing i did was get the tank on, had to cut the front pegs in half, and then spend 20 minutes or so pounding out the bottom left side of the tank a bit at a time to get it to fit over the frame.

IMG_6771_zps360d7f13.jpg

then onto the seat

rear mount, i need to pick up some 1/8' stuff for the front mount

IMG_6773_zps7c4af10d.jpg

IMG_6778_zps124ac501.jpg

cut down the front fender, its only 2" but thats enough to make it look better hahaha

IMG_6776_zpsb433cfb9.jpg

IMG_6777_zps7aa225d3.jpg

I started on the fill plates for under the seat as well.... but they still need some work. It was really nice to see what the bike is actually going to look like!

Went back to the shop and did some painting today.

Had the GF use spray paint for the first time ever, she did the fender and the brake pedal. She looks to be concentrating really really hard hahaha

2014-01-12143229_zps6a467d02.jpg

My idea of a fork stand, two pieces of tube held to a box with plumbers strap. worked great and saved a ton of masking!

2014-01-12143005_zps42eb7220.jpg

and all the little bits hanging to dry. I also sprayed the tank emblems black as they were in pretty rough shape, I'm going to outline them with a gold paint marker.

2014-01-12155040_zpsceb9306d.jpg

took a pic of the finished forks, super happy with how the paint turned out. also got video 3 together buts so short i wont bother posting it, i'll wait until the final video

2014-01-13154347_zpsc7dfb8f1.jpg

had more stuff show up today. I'm guessing the parcel slip is my helmet.

2014-01-13172719_zps5dc00602.jpg

All this stuff just sitting here taunting me... still waiting on my gauge face, mirrors and other LED's blue ones arrived today, waiting on white and orange/amber I think i may have red ones coming as well, all for the speedo. They are really cheap and i cant decide on a color so i'll try them all.

2014-01-13174503_zps5b9334f5.jpg

Just like Christmas all over again!! Sweet.

I love it when bike parts show up in the mail :)

I have had a steady stream of them arriving since a week before Christmas. It's fantastic.

I've been mulling over an idea for the front end. I think I might grab a rectangle number plate for the front, then use a 6" 18w LED light bar right under it for the head light.

I love that headlight idea! I've been thinking about a custom headlight, myself. I really like the idea of an LED strip. I was also considering mounting two or three very small fog lights, next to each other. I wonder how much visibility an LED strip would provide?

well the LED light bar should be plenty of light. If it all goes wrong I can just toss the light on my truck as a back up light so no harm done really.

one like this, this is an 8" but the 6" has the same LEDs and power rating, just a smaller housing, an 8" wouldnt fit between the forks.

ORB-18WS-35-LED-WORK-LIGHT-12.jpg

this is an example of light, the wall is 75' or so away.

DSC_8051.jpg

Seems like a cool idea... are you able to wire that with Hi/Lo beam as well?

'83 CM450e brat tracker

No it'll be on or off. Hahaha. You don't really need a hi beam with them. A 20w light bar is pretty damn bright. So I'll need it aimed pretty low in the city. If I need highway at night light I'll just tilt it up.

Yeah that's cool. I was just thinking you might need something to appease the law at some point... I bet you could wire in a potentiometer or an on-off-on toggle switch with a resistor on one of the circuits to create a hi/lo.

If you're not concerned about it just ignore my jibberish :)

I don't suppose you need a tail light?

I have this that I can't use. It's a touch too long for the space I have and I'm going to get something different.

http://www.dimecitycycles.com/vintage-cafe-racer-caferacer-bobber-brat-chopper-custom-motorcycle-electronic-lighting-parts-classic-satin-black-sparto-taillight-34-0306.html

'83 CM450e brat tracker

Technically I do need a hi/Low beam switchable headlight. I spent some time in the TSA figure out everything I could legally get rid of haha

I was hoping that was a rectangle taillight. I have an integrated one but don't like it

Back
Top Bottom