Alright PA crew, time for roll call!!!!

I work at the graybar in Pittsburgh, well I split between Pitts. and Wheeling. The graybar is on Ridge Avenue, there is a peppies there. Is that in the vicinity?

So what is everybody working on at this point? Key me into your projects! (links or pics etc.)
as soon as I pick this bike up I will get a pic of it worth showing and get a few ideas posted up.

anyone here build alloy tanks? I am thinking about tackling it. I might have access to an English wheel, but if that falls through, I will most likely buy one. We have some cool stuff going on at work, and I would like to keep that rolling.

Small world indeed...

There are a few guys here that do handmade bodywork. Closest to us is BradJ in MD. There's also RocCity in Rochester NY and Junior (oldskool) in TX.

As far as projects, my present one is here...

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=40923.0

I'm collecting parts for a couple more projects to start when the GS/RD is complete as well. Looking at a 100% ground up CL450 chopper, and a 71 Suzuki T250 that I have no idea what direction to go with. Haha.

Dave, are you talking about Walt with all the Lancia's? I was just at his place a couple weeks ago...really interesting guy. I live in the s.hills, just a few miles from the liberty tunnels but travel a lot. lol

I work at Ellwood City Forge, but live near Giant Eagle. What's the chance? You might have seen me riding around a little - only cafe in EC!

Doug, Yep, Walt is a long time friend. when I said I used to put a lot of miles on... it was with him. To be honest, my heart grows heavy when I think about bikes. The passion Walt had for riding gets me down. He quit riding about the same time my daughter was born and although I use her coming along as a reason I put the bike away, it was really because I lost my best riding partner.

Walt will forget in one evening more knowledge than I will ever know! That doesn't mean I won't stop trying and learning!
Walt's friend Bob is the one that I know with an English wheel.

Big Rich,
do you know Bill Nardone? He and Bernie Rosenwald have been instrumental in our Tech ed. department! The Forge put a bunch of tax money toward our department to start trying to educate more of the HS kids about metalworking etc. We just took a tour with a group of kids a few weeks back.

I absolutely do know both of them - both are extremely knowledgeable and friendly guys (and my superiors). Glad to hear about that program from somebody on the "other side" of the industry.

brungeman said:
Sasquach,
I live on the edge of Ross Twp. and the City of Pittsburgh (at the top of Connie Drive) and grew up in McCandless (behind Pizza Roma by CCAC North). Where in the NH's are you?

Mike, I work in Beaver County! Right next to Ellwood City so I guess you could say I am always around! ;) Where in Beaver are you?

I am going to most likely be doing the build as a class project with my students.

I couldn't get the bike last night, but I think I am going to try to pick it up and do the title transfer tonight.

The adventure begins!

I used to live on connie drive when I was younger . Now I live across the street from the old Highland Country Club in West View

An '81 CB750C which was hacked by the previous owner that I plan to fix, the right way. I got a pretty decent deal on it so it was hard to turn down.

Welcome home amd thanks for your service. If you're ever down south in Beaver County, you have a beer coming on me.

What kind of bike are you looking for?

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2 and the dark power of speed metal.

Back
Top Bottom