Dust monkey cafe xs 400

Damn that 200sx is fresh! Nice start on the bike as well.. Amazing how quick some people can get stuff together. I wish I had body and paint skills like you..

Thanx buddy, lol trust me the car has taken years an the bike , well I've had it 2 years now lol.

Having a family comes first , plus having any spare cash is very rare!!

Cheers Wayne :0)

Definitely watching.

A friend randomly found a picture of your handiwork on the blue Sil80 a while back, I love it. It's cool to stumble across the guy that made the fenders here haha!

ISMarco said:
Definitely watching.

A friend randomly found a picture of your handiwork on the blue Sil80 a while back, I love it. It's cool to stumble across the guy that made the fenders here haha!

Lol Thanx dude, yea the car has had lots of love over the past few years.

If I can get the bike half as good as the car ill be a happy man :)

My passion has gone for the cars an is now again burning for motocycles, I love it ;D

Cheers Wayne ;)

Well having spent hours looking over the seat unit I decided it still didn't look right :(

So back to hacking it up again, finally after a few hours at work I have a shaped an finished seat.

I just fired a few coats of 2k paint on it to seal it ready to take a mold ;)

I think I'm happy lol , for now this is it !

Also got the spacers and bracket plate for the rear calliper made up ;D

Cheers Wayne :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    274.5 KB · Views: 259
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    245.7 KB · Views: 254
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    218 KB · Views: 257
Thank men, yea the stance was archived by hacking the rear of and starting again with a different angle so it rakes down to the front , totally transforms the bike.

On the tank, I have actually added about 4" to the length,I did cheat tho,rather than cut an shut the tank I made an welded the 4" on to the end of the original tank

So if u turn it upside down u have a secret kinda box section. This is where some of the electrics are going, in this fake tank!!

Work great an did the job I was after

Cheers for the positive comments guys, it's nice to share and maybe help with ideas ;)

yeah i was gonna say it looks kinda long for an xs400. i have been debating about putting one on my cb450 but was concerned it isnt long enough.. but now i might steal your idea.. buuuaaahahahaah

It's a nice looking tank mate, to be honest I wish I'd made it a bit longer, the fake extension is great for hiding stuff under too.

The only thing I'm not to keen on is the cap , but I have an idea for that!!

Yea do it man , cardboard templates , can't beat it :)

Then on to it with the welder :D

no doubt about that, do you have any photos of when you stretched it? would love to see how you managed it a... so you just added to the end of the tank instead of actually cutting it in half and putting a piece in there? man it does look awesome though, really thinking i might pick one up and give her a go..

You kinda get the idea ;)

Pretty easy an effective ;)

Hope that helps dude.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 247
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.8 KB · Views: 255
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 260
now thats what im talking about, looks awesome man. what gauge steel were you using? i think im gonna pick up on of these tanks tonight off flleeeebay. this might be beyond my skills to modify a tank like that, but i have a guy who can handle this little project. thanks man for the pics.

Not sure on the steel, pretty much tha same as the tank.
Can't be to heavy or u can't work it easily

No worries man , glad I've been some help :D

I'm Guna take the bike in to work tomorrow , I need to finish welding up the frame to tidy the rear seat an tie it all in.

Also got my front calliper , almost fit!!

Some small working and it should make a nice set up :D

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.6 KB · Views: 260
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    198.9 KB · Views: 1,223
Back
Top Bottom